• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

African Plains Game

For doing a HUNT you can go to SA and shoot 5-7 Animals for the price of a White Tail or elk Hunt in the USA.
We would see up to a thousand animals in a day. We loved the Spot & Stalk Hunting. You could walk around a set of Brush and there stands an Elephant, 50 Impala, Giraffe, Troop of Baboons or a 12' Black Mamba. Really exciting.
Jill liked it so much she wanted us to live there. Almost bought a 2,500 acre ranch next to our Guides property.
1711893713774.jpeg

We left for SA 18 years ago today for our first Africa Hunting Adventure. We were North of Marken in the Limpopo Province - close to the Botswana and Zimbabwe borders on a 10,000 acres private ranch. It was a new hunting lodge and we made a deal with the owner so that Jill and I had the whole place to ourselves. No other Hunters. The owner was our guide. WHAT A TRIP!!!!!

WOW WHAT A DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These prices are like 2006 when Jill and I went.
Wish We could go for these dates. Will need at least until next year to prepare. We already have Air Fair paid for!!!
We think the Kudu is the most impressive Plains Game Animals next the Gemsbuck. The Gemsbuck was the best meat we ever ate~!!!!
Jill is already packing.
Len & Jill

WOW WHAT A DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These prices are like 2006 when Jill and I went.
Wish We could go for these dates. Will need at least until next year to prepare. We already have Air Fair paid for!!!
We think the Kudu is the most impressive Plains Game Animals next the Gemsbuck. The Gemsbuck was the best meat we ever ate~!!!!
Jill is already packing.
Len & Jill
I thought the orxy was really good too. I asked my PH to cut some steaks off the one that I shot to try fresh, because he aged the other game that we ate for 30 days in his walk in cooler. The fresh had more flavor bit was a little more tough. Not bad though. The other aged stuff was as tender as the best beef tenderloin I have had.

I thought the orxy was really good too. I asked my PH to cut some steaks off the one that I shot to try fresh, because he aged the other game that we ate for 30 days in his walk in cooler. The fresh had more flavor bit was a little more tough. Not bad though. The other aged stuff was as tender as the best beef tenderloin I have had.
I shot one in the afternoon and we were eating the Tenderloins thrown on a super hot grill with wood coals that evening. The Tenderloins were just on the grill for a few minutes each side and when biting into them they melted in your mouth!!!! The Gemsbuck was the best, but the Kudu, Impala, Bushbuck were very good. The Zebra was turned into like Sauage Links and Great!
We also had fresh grown veggies also. Some good wine and good Bourbon!!!

I shot one in the afternoon and we were eating the Tenderloins thrown on a super hot grill with wood coals that evening. The Tenderloins were just on the grill for a few minutes each side and when biting into them they melted in your mouth!!!!
Yea. The tenderloin part of the porterhouses he had cut for us fresh was tender. The rest wasn't really tough by any means though. I've had steaks that were good here at home that were as tough as the fresh oryx. It just wasn't 30 day aged tender. Haha

I have had both and really didn't think there was much difference between the two tenderloins. We ha Kudu tenderloin fresh off the animal one night as an appetizer. It was fantastic. The next trip I took a Gemsbok just to have camp meat and we enjoyed it for two to three days. It was also fantastic. The impala I had was not as good as I thought it would be . it was a little dry but I think it had been overcooked. I have taken a bushbuck but we did not get a chance to eat any.

FireFlyFishing I have never been on a cruise so I cannot speak to that but I can tell you Africa gets in your blood. It spectacular, lots of animals, beautiful scenery and driving down the road and seeing ostriches running down the side of the highway, giraffes standing out in the bushveld is just awesome. Crazy for us but probably no different than one of the South African's coming to the states and seeing deer and elk standing by the side of the road.If you take your wife, spend your first night in Johannesburg at the African Sky hotel. Its beautiful, totally secure and a wonderful experience. Top shelf accommodations and the food was great as well. If there is anything I can do to help you put something together please let me know.
But don't wander outside that hotel unless you are with a guarded local. One of the deadliest cities in the world

I would live to go to Africa.. But I'd want to bring meat back home, and I know that it's a no-go here in the US.. Also import fees for mounts, skulls and hides is crazy!! Plus if I went.. I'd already be planning another trip back while I'd still be on the first trip.. LOL