Affordable optics that track?

Thanks for the input fellas. As far as budget there isn't one yet. I am just getting a feel for what's out there. Glass is always such a subjective topic and I more interested in the durability side right now. The glass or view ,however you want to call it, can come after the durability boxes get checked. Other than the nxs everything else is old nikon Buckmaster and monarchs in my safe. Which serve their own purpose but I'm going to need more.
Might have missed it but I (we) dont know the purpose of the scope you are looking for.
Be sure about fist and second focal plane. my 6x24 reticle is pretty much useless on 6x, would be terrible for hunting close range.

Might have missed it but I (we) dont know the purpose of the scope you are looking for.
Be sure about fist and second focal plane. my 6x24 reticle is pretty much useless on 6x, would be terrible for hunting close range.
I've never used the ffp scopes but from what I've read they seem to be the way to go. There is no specific range I'm looking at. It will be dual purpose scope but mostly a deer hunting rifle that will be used at the range as well.

Didn't read all the comments, I have found the Burris RT 25 to be an outstanding scope and tracking has remained perfect for a few years now. Picked one up to give it a try and honestly liked it so much I got another one to see if it was a fluke. They are outstanding and I'd put them up against my higher end scopes in a heartbeat in the tracking department. Only gripe I would have is being an FFP they should have an illuminated reticle but don't. None the less, 700 dollar scopes and no issues. My go to for years has been NF or S&B for tracking consistency purposes but these are a fraction of the cost and no different when it comes to tracking.

Several of you recommended Arken for their ruggedness, but mentioned that they're heavy.

Arken just came out with with a LIGHTER weight series, in 4-16x and 6-24x.
$400 /430
FFP, and I loke the reticle.
23.7oz 👍🏼

Here:

These scopes check a lot of my boxes!! 😊
Matthias
I had a VORTEX VENOM 5X25 56 ON MY RIFLE... WHEN I GOT THE ARKEN ON6X24.. I WAS AMAZED... AN TRACKS VERY WELL.. I DIDN'T ESITATE A SECOND TO SWITCH THE SCOPE. THE FACT THAT COMPARED RO THE VENOM THE Arken had 7 mils more on elevation adjustment . was a 0lus for me.. and with my 30 moa base.. make a hell of a difference for long range I'm happy I discovered the Arken !!!

Seriously consider Athlon. They cover the entire price range and the reticles are very usable. The more you spend the better the glass, but regardless tracking is excellent. I looked at Arken and the reticles are lacking IHMO. If you dial elevation and hold windage you'll see what I'm saying.

Does anyone know temperature range for Arken scope? Hunting in Alaska gets chilly, the coldest I have hunted in was -57 several years ago. That is when I found out about quality optics, the hard way. I was saves by having iron sights as a backup. The older I get the less I go out when it is really cold, but -20 and a 30 mile snowmachine ride it gets chilly. Just looking for info, talked to there customer service and they didn't know. Thanks in advance

I was out in aniak when I got my first one it was about-30 or so so I left it outside for a day or two just to see. It was stiff😂 but still usable. As you well know those temps are tough on things not just people.

Someone mentioned the Leupold VX5HD 3-15 Firedot. I picked mine up on sale for less than $800. It was on my 338 RUM but will be going on the new 270 WSM.

I've read the whole thread and as I did so I reflected that for nearly 40 years all I could afford was a 270 with an old 3-9 Redfield. At today's prices we are so blessed to have the scores we do at affordable prices!

For a hair over 1k I really don't think the xtr iii can be beat. The fov is incredible and glass is stellar. Maybe a little heavy to be lugging around but the 3.3-18x50 isn't terrible. Definitely not vortex razor gen 2 heavy. I think its probably one of if not the best deal available in that price range at the moment.