Advise on model 70 stocks

streetglideok

Looking at different rifle stocks for my model 70 300RUM. Its a stainless/synthetic now. Looking to improve, full length bedding block, maybe a little more weight, etc. I do like the stock on the senderos, black with grey spider web. I take it some HS stocks dont have a palm swell? What about Bell and Carlson, and Hogue stocks? As of right now it has the standard sporter barrel on it.​

The HS precsion or the Bell and Carlson would be fine low cost upgrades to any rifle. If it where a carry rifle I would lean more twards the Bell and Carlson I have one on my Savage and it has very slim lines and is super strong. It shrank the groups on a factory rifle to just about amazing.

Had an HS precsion on a Build Kirby did for me I think it was a PRO 2000 stock. It was down right awsome from the prone! But It would not be my first choice for a carry gun.

The stock's are both super light weight and depending on the rifles use I would opt for eather one. If I was using the rifle for supported shooting only HS precsion all the way. If Im shooting supported sometimes but still need to throw her up fast in a pinch the Bell and Carlson is my choice.

My 300RUM does go hunting with me, but its more of a long range shooter, so something I wont be free stand shooting alot with it. I cant find a B&C medalist stock for my application. The only fully bedded stocks have been HS and Hogue. If it makes any difference, it has the 2 piece bottom with three screws holding it on.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.