adjustments on remington x mark trigger

Anyone have a link on the adjustments for the new remington trigger.

The link in the previous reply by Ekip seems to be dead. I don't know of a video, but I have read numerous posts on the net that speak of adjusting a screw on the front of the trigger housing after removing the stock.

But I think the trigger has changed recently. My new 700 VSSFII has an adjustable trigger that is actually intended to be user adjustable. It has no sealer goop to lock it down, and it is not located on the front of the trigger housing and you do not have to remove the stock.

The pull weight adjustment is located in the trigger shoe itself just above where your finger goes and can be accessed right through the trigger opening in the trigger guard. In other words, it can easily be adjusted on the fly at the range.

Loosening the screw (counter clock wise) reduces pull weight. However, mine was set at 3-1/2 pounds from the factory and that appeared to be as low as it would go which is plenty low enough for me. My only complaint is that the pull weight seems to be quite inconsistent and changes perceptibly from shot to shot. I could measure the odd 1 pound increase (and sometimes 2 pounds) in pull weight with my RCBS trigger pull gauge. I plan to live with it and see if it gets better with time. If not, I will replace the trigger with an aftermarket unit.

I know that this is an older post. But it is the newest one I could find on this forum. Therefore, I have added this information here for the benefit of other members looking for information about adjusting a Remington X-Mark Pro trigger.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.