Adding target knobs to a Zeiss Conquest

WGM

First, let me say hello, as I'm new here ...

Next, I'd like to let you know that I did a search on this, and have come up empty handed ... so if this has been gone over here, I apologize.

What I'd like to know is, can you have target turrets/knobs installed on a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 side focus model? This model does not come factory equipped w/ knobs, but it does have the side focus turret/knob. I know Kenton Industries makes replacement knobs for the two conquest models that come factory equipped with knobs, but they seem to hint that they do not install them on scopes that do not already have some sort of turrets already on them.

I appreciate your help ... any info that you can give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-WGM-

I have checked into buying this particular scope and found out that it is available from the factory with target knobs but it costs more than the same scope with a 50mm objective.

Hi,

I purchased the 4.5-14 x 44mm Conquest with the turret knobs and Mildot reticle from Bearbasin for $749 out the door. Best price I could find. It seems like $100 more for a scope with the turret knobs on this model. I'm afraid that if you do find kobs to purchase for this scope, you will probably end up paying $100 or more for the knobs and still have to put them on yourself.

I found it better to buy the scope with the knobs and reticle that I wanted and just fork over the extra $100 clams.

By the way I love the low profile turrets, they don't get caught in brush and branches like the tall leupold knobs (see accidental breakage).
Draw back is the limited crosshair elevation travel in the 1" tube. I bought the burris rings with the adjustable inserts to give myself max. elevation. I zero my rifle at 200 yards and can dial up to 800 yards with a .300Wby.

Hope that helps,
Vic

WGM,

Zeiss does make the 4.5-14x44 target version and if you are interested we can get one shipped out to you for the price of $629.00 shipped to your door. The only problem is that we have them on order with Zeiss, but they are back ordered for 3-4 weeks.

I'll have to check on Monday, but I think we have some of these in stock. The model w/the target knobs is a 50mm though. Nice scopes, I think they have 60 MOA of verticle adjustment. email me with any questions: [email protected]

Sorry I wasn't more clear in my initial post ... I already have the scope in question ... and the answer is that Zeiss can and will install turrets on any of the conquest models for $90.00 ... and right now, the turn around time is about 5 or 6 weeks.

At $90, if I were buying new, I'd definitely get one w/ the turrets already installed ... but since I got this scope used, for a pretty good price, it will still be slightly more cost effective to ship it back to them and have the modifications done.

I'm going to use this scope on my bean field rifle this deer season, and afterwards have the scope sent back for work - assuming I like it enough to make the investment.

Thanks a lot for all your input fellas ... I do appreciate it very much.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.