action/ stock

tmhue001

i would like to change my stock and action on savage 110E 7mm what do I need to know when looking for new ones such as when i look at actions they have long short mini professional and any thing else i may need to know would b great! thanx 4 any help i can get.gun)

7mm rem mag is a long action. All long actions stocks will interchange. I take it yours is NOT an accutrigger so again any long action stock will fit. Even if it were, its only a very simple trigger clearance issue you can touch up yourself. sharpshootersupply.com

Since your 110E is a sporter barrel, the new stock would look better with the same channel inlet.
A heavy barrel channel will fit but not look very good. If you do get a heavy barrel for it someday, you can enlarge the stock's barrel channel then, not a big deal.

To be safe, measure the center to center spacing of your action screws [the ones that hold the stock to the action]. It should be 5.062", which is a long action.

Channel inlet? when i looked at rifle stocks to purchase i dident see it saying anything about that. i click varmit / tactical stocks bcuz i like the tactical look and it dosent have any where to select anything else such as my size load or the inlet thing once again im srry to bother you with these im sure remedial questions ive never changed anything all i know is i love shooting!

Hey no problem. A hunting rifle has a fairly small diameter barrel and a target rifle has a fairly large diameter barrel. The portion of the stock that is profiled for the shape of the barrel is also known as the barrel channel. The stocks for each reflect the diameter of the barrel. If you order a varmit/tactical stock it will be made for a heavy barrel.

so if i do get a tactical stock when i decide to get a barrel 4 it how will i specify to make it a larger diamiter barrel

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts