Accurize a Sako?

bailey1474

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
I was just wondering if any of the smiths lurking around here have ever accurized a Sako. I have a smith here in Oklahoma City who has recently been through two of them and said it was a waste of time. They were dead on from the factory. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar or different results.

Thanks,
B.J.

Bill,
They can be dead on but there is a few things to do or check out to make sure they are dead on. Lugs can be lapped at least....sounds like to me he is being lazy and doesn't want to mess with it....
Another thing I do is add a HD recoil lug instead of relying on that little reverse lug in the stock.

I'm not a 'smith, but I do have three Sako's, M995's. One is box stock, one is lightly accurized (bedded, lapped, etc.), and one is full-blown custom. All shoot -- for me -- between 1/2 and 1 MOA. I have to believe that a) Sako's are pretty consistently "good", and/or b) I can't shoot better than 1/2 MOA no matter what the rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.