Accuracy International stock on a 300 RUM

Chris Mathews you are incorrect on your evaluation on the ultra mag, Cummins Cowboy who said any thing about a lite tactical rifle,if you can't afford a AI stock don't buy one.

I never said I can't afford one I can buy whatever I want. my point was the stock is a boat anchor and serves no other purpose than looking tacticool or being used on video games. well I guess it folds, but weight an expense are the price you pay for that. enlighten me

Cummins Cowboy I thought that would get your attention! Let me began with beauty and taste is in the eye of the beholder.
There are alot of serious and professional shooters out there that consider the AI/AICS stock holy grail, it is extremely strong and well built, I have seen it accidental slide off a roof (12ft drop) and have the forearm part of the rifle hit a steel water hand pump,it popped the front scope mount off and dinged the forearm!

The rifle front scope mount was replaced torqued back on, the barrel lug had never moved, it folded and locked with no problem(2.0) the receiver screws still stayed torqued and we were only 2moa high and 3 clicks off of windage at 100yds,probably due to the picatinny rail being bent up ever so slight. And the dent in the scope.

With all due respect to each his own.
If I was to disagree with someone I would not knock or insult someones equipment (boat anchor) so enough said have a good week....................Paul:)

I run a 338 edge with ai mags. If you don't want to mill slots in it you can do what i did and use a press, a piece of 1/2" square bar stock, and a couple pieces of flat bar. and press the ridges that are inside the mag flat. It worked perfectly and functions without any problems. You really cant tell it was altered.

I build a bunch of 338 Lapuas in the Rem/ AICS combination. The Lapua magazine might feed the RUM.

[ 06-23-2004: Message edited by: chris matthews ]
Is it possible to put a Christiansen arms traverse 300 Win mag in an AT stock