Accubond LONGRANGE 6.5, 142gr performance

""I just dumped about 25 or more of the 129's in the trash last week. The ones I had did have quality issues. There was as much as +/- 0.7 grains difference in weight and the length of the bearing surfaces between the bullets were not the same.""

I had said they were 0.7 grains +/-.....So they were around 141.3 to as much as 142.7 grains difference. The weight made a little difference in groups but the bearing surface I think made the most difference. The loads were never consistent to hold under .5MOA. My standard or what I consider seems to work for long range shooting is try to get a load that holds .5MOA at 200yards and have an ES and SD below 20fps. Generally if the shooting system is able to do this (me included) then shooting out to 1000 yards is a doable shot at about 1MOA accuracy. I was never able to get the loads consistent enough to maintain this criteria. I think it was mainly the difference in the bearing surface inconsistencies.

That's awesome , how old is your Son?
My Son Logan (25) is my main hunting partner now days for all things hunting and my other Son Noah (22) is quite the deer hunter.
People ask me how I keep up with Logan on our back pack hunts and Elk hunts (even Noah wonders). I just tell them he is ether going to keep me young or kill me! :)
As much as I love hunting and have wonderful memories of hunting with my buddy's over the years you just can't beat hunting with the boys!

I only have one 29 yo son but I have two 13 yo grandsons and they love hunting and always drag grandpa along with them. Will be a sad day when I cannot keep up but I still have a few more years and a few more grandkids coming up. I have a daughter that can spot deer better then anyone I know and she moved away on me and her husband is now benefiting for that skill. I enjoy building rifles for them and seeing them make great shots (they have no idea that it should be difficult to take a 600 yard shot; spoiled). They just laugh at my stories of only having a 4x scope and no binos, like walking uphill in the snow to school. It's all about the kids now so glad to hear you are also carrying on a great bonding tradition.

Not 6.5 but the 168 ablr 308 win near Max load varget about 40 yards broke a a couple ribs and about half of the heart I am happy I didn't get the off shoulder

Attachments

• IMG_20191031_102741818.jpg
    IMG_20191031_102741818.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 91
As much as I hate to say this I was hoping they would the cats meow being a bonded bullet. All these pic are making me think that Nosler may now have tightened up on the tolerances. I seen plenty of youtube gel test even at extended ranges and they preform well in expansion and penetration for as the design; just the first runs I had got was not consistent. Maybe I'll have to buy one box and try them out again or just dig out those 30 cals from somewhere far back in the corner. I could try them out in a 300 Win, or my RUM. My 308 would not stabilize the 210's. Its a 1-12.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.