ABM ammo 300 Win Mag 215 Hybrid Mission Ready

7mmShooter

Hey guys, ABM just officially released their 215 Hybrid Mission Ready loading for the 300WM. While I think it's a great idea, I just ran it vs the 230 Hybrid using the stated velocities that they got with their test rifle. 2886fps for the 215, 2800fps for the 230. At 1,000 Yards, the drop for the 215 is about 14 inches less, but Velocity, Energy, and Windage per 5mph windspeed are close enough to not make a difference in my mind. With the external ballistics being that close, I'm thinking the advantages of the 215 load would be in bullet performance on impact and possibly less recoil impulse (although I don't know how noticeable it would be). Always great to have options!

What do you guys think?

Hey guys, ABM just officially released their 215 Hybrid Mission Ready loading for the 300WM. While I think it's a great idea, I just ran it vs the 230 Hybrid using the stated velocities that they got with their test rifle. 2886fps for the 215, 2800fps for the 230. At 1,000 Yards, the drop for the 215 is about 14 inches less, but Velocity, Energy, and Windage per 5mph windspeed are close enough to not make a difference in my mind. With the external ballistics being that close, I'm thinking the advantages of the 215 load would be in bullet performance on impact and possibly less recoil impulse (although I don't know how noticeable it would be). Always great to have options!

What do you guys think?

I totally agree.

Broz has a lot of data on this combo on here as well as longrangeonly. He also tested this particle ammo and it is quite impressive.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.