Aarrgghhhh - i need some trigger time

stirner

Snow, cold (Montana cold), and wind. I tied to beat a new front a couple of days ago, and was able to shoot about a dozen rounds before the wind and snow shut me down. This is worse than cabin fever. The only time I get out, is to blow the driveway, and that's an exercise in futility.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel your pain. Hopefully it will break soon and spring will make it's present felt. Hang in there, it's bound to get better or at least that's what I keep telling myself. Good luck and happy shooting.

Going to the range in the cold/wind sucks. I have a lot of testing to do and I've swapped out several optics over the past couple of months. Gotta get some ladders down range, get some varmint loads validated for when the chucks come out and just get some stuff on paper. No climate change here......just the same old miserable weather in the mid-atlantic we get the first quarter of the year.

How cold is MT? Here in WI were getting anywhere from 6-8" of snow a week. This weekend is looking to be low to mid teens for highs...[/QU
Right now it's 6 degrees, which is about as high as it's gotten in the past few weeks. A couple of mornings ago it was -6, with a wind chill of -27. We've had winter weather warnings almost every day.

My range is on the East slope, about 3 miles by road and 1 mile as the crow flies from the continental divide, at an elevation of 5400'. Many times when it its cold like this, it will actually be warmer up there than in the valley.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.