A Recommendation for a Central Ohio Gunsmith

nchunter182

I want to put in a good word for a gunsmith here in Ohio that I met about one year ago. His name is Gerald Kuthy and he runs a shop called Custom Blue near Newcomerstown. I'm not going to post his phone number but he is easily found by a Google search and also has a presence on Facebook. He has been doing some great work for me so I wanted to pass this along to others. Gerald was recommended to me by several people, including a shooting range owner who mentioned that he smithed several rifles that have won competitions at his range. Some of this is shown on his Facebook page along with samples of his work. He is a former tool & die maker and really knows his stuff when it comes to guns and machine work. I've brought him several projects ranging from Mauser bolt work, barrel setback and rechambers and muzzle break installation. All very done quickly and at reasonable prices. He doesn't have a big backlog of work so can turn projects around quickly. He is also very good at keeping you informed on the progress of the work. I have not had him do a complete barrelled action for me yet but I wish I would have given him my latest project first! He is now doing some rework on items that were missed by someone else.
This guy is good so I wanted to help him out and keep him busy! Doing good work deserves recognition.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.