A place near Olympia WA?

You wont find much in the way of ranges. I head out past matlock into the national forest there and can get longrange shots on rocks and things going across canyons. There is some places in capitol forest as well I have heard but havent found them yet.

I'll second the vote for national forest land or some of the private timber land that you could access via logging roads. Its gonna take some scouting to find a decent spot but one you find a good landing or vantage point you can set up multiple targets at various ranges. We do something similar up here on state DNR land; we just leave out steel targets out but lay them down or chain them to a tree in some locations. That way there is minimal setup and we can drive out to the target locations.

John

Pretty old post.

Long Range Round Table,pnw here, have a place in Vader to shoot 1000 if you are still looking.

Topaz454 if the range near Vader is open to the public could you provide location. I live in area and have struggled to find safe LR places to shoot.

I am with Long Range Round Table, pnw. LRRT, pnw.
We are a group of shooters of all ilks that are experimenting, learning and returning to long range shooting.

Long range to us is any shooting beyond PBR, that requires a sight or turret adjustment. Our main focus is to offer shooting encouragement and guidance to friends and acquaintances and shooters we come across at the 100 and 200 yard formal range. Usually they ONLY shoot bench, rarely if ever do they go prone or off hand or anything in between.

Our motto is "bring whatcha got" and lets see how far you and it CAN shoot on purpose. If you can now shoot reliably at 400, 500 or 600 yards, your ethical shooting at 100 to 200 yards should be greatly improves.

In my experience, most people that dabble with longer range shooting become interested in the magic number of 1000 yards. Something that seemed "out of reach to them" before. We have a 1000 yard challenge coin you can qualify for.

Soooo, I shoot at Renton Fish and Game in Renton, WA. Open Tuesday through Sunday. Handgun and small bore and and rifle. Covered 50 to 200 yard target stands.

Cascade Firearms Facility in Ravensdale, WA. Essential 7 days a week, but check the schedule as there are some formal and law enforcement shoots on the schedule too. Covered, 100 to 600yds. Must be certified for 600 yards.

Pe Ell Sportsman's Range. Pe Ell, WA of course. 7 days a week unless a formal shoot is scheduled. Covered with wood stoves, 100 to 500 yards. Can sight in here on the way to our 1000 yard site if need be.

Our Vader, WA 1000 yard informal sight. Shooting from one landing across a valley to another landing. No roads in valley. Landing is on a dead end spur. Plenty of hillside above it. We go in a cut brush back to keep it open.

Now that spring is upon us we will be exploring again for more 1000 yards sites on this side of the mountains.

We also shoot at a cherry farm near Selah,WA, 200 target,400 target ,600 target, 850 target and gong, 1000 yard gong, 1 mile gong.gun)We also have a USMC Sniper challenge coin if you qualify at 1 mile. Must be coordinated for access through me.

Also a 100 yard, 300 yard, 700 yard slope and 1000 yard site up on Ahtanum South of Ellensburg, when it is not closed for snow or fire hazard .......

Again, always on the "hunt" for more places.

Tony Finley
425-757-2906

I am with Long Range Round Table, pnw. LRRT, pnw.
We are a group of shooters of all ilks that are experimenting, learning and returning to long range shooting.

Long range to us is any shooting beyond PBR, that requires a sight or turret adjustment. Our main focus is to offer shooting encouragement and guidance to friends and acquaintances and shooters we come across at the 100 and 200 yard formal range. Usually they ONLY shoot bench, rarely if ever do they go prone or off hand or anything in between.

Our motto is "bring whatcha got" and lets see how far you and it CAN shoot on purpose. If you can now shoot reliably at 400, 500 or 600 yards, your ethical shooting at 100 to 200 yards should be greatly improves.

In my experience, most people that dabble with longer range shooting become interested in the magic number of 1000 yards. Something that seemed "out of reach to them" before. We have a 1000 yard challenge coin you can qualify for.

Soooo, I shoot at Renton Fish and Game in Renton, WA. Open Tuesday through Sunday. Handgun and small bore and and rifle. Covered 50 to 200 yard target stands.

Cascade Firearms Facility in Ravensdale, WA. Essential 7 days a week, but check the schedule as there are some formal and law enforcement shoots on the schedule too. Covered, 100 to 600yds. Must be certified for 600 yards.

Pe Ell Sportsman's Range. Pe Ell, WA of course. 7 days a week unless a formal shoot is scheduled. Covered with wood stoves, 100 to 500 yards. Can sight in here on the way to our 1000 yard site if need be.

Our Vader, WA 1000 yard informal sight. Shooting from one landing across a valley to another landing. No roads in valley. Landing is on a dead end spur. Plenty of hillside above it. We go in a cut brush back to keep it open.

Now that spring is upon us we will be exploring again for more 1000 yards sites on this side of the mountains.

We also shoot at a cherry farm near Selah,WA, 200 target,400 target ,600 target, 850 target and gong, 1000 yard gong, 1 mile gong.gun)We also have a USMC Sniper challenge coin if you qualify at 1 mile. Must be coordinated for access through me.

Also a 100 yard, 300 yard, 700 yard slope and 1000 yard site up on Ahtanum South of Ellensburg, when it is not closed for snow or fire hazard .......

Again, always on the "hunt" for more places.

Tony Finley
425-757-2906

I just read your old post about long range places to shoot in Washington ……. I'm in Vancouver looking for same. Do you know of any place ( or anybody ) in this area for that ?

Capitol Forest. 2 1000 yd places so fat.

Vader closed by logging. Need to check back on that one.

Bee Camp East Wa, is still snowed in. Off of 410 and up 1900 Lik Naches road.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.