Looking for a place to shoot near St.. Cloud MN

Just go left a little ways to North dakota. I lived there for a few years before I got into Long range but you can almost see across the whole state. Should be able to find a place to set up a box or a steel plate. Bemindji has a range too I believe. I know its a little ways away but its there.

Good call. I do have a place in south Dakota where I am originally from but it's a 4 hour drive and has become very impractical since my 2 kids came along. This range in bemidji what is the membership like? I know of a 1000 yard range in Harris mn that is a couple hours away but the problems there is its full and there is a waiting list. You can only buy a lifetime membership and you can only do that if you are sponsored by a current member and they and another person nominate you to join. I get the purposes of this but come on really. I'm somewhat new to the area and don't really know anybody that's into long range up here so it's not easy to find a member to sponsor me. So any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the advice and I will look into that range. If you have any details that would be great too!

Good call. I do have a place in south Dakota where I am originally from but it's a 4 hour drive and has become very impractical since my 2 kids came along. This range in bemidji what is the membership like? I know of a 1000 yard range in Harris mn that is a couple hours away but the problems there is its full and there is a waiting list. You can only buy a lifetime membership and you can only do that if you are sponsored by a current member and they and another person nominate you to join. I get the purposes of this but come on really. I'm somewhat new to the area and don't really know anybody that's into long range up here so it's not easy to find a member to sponsor me. So any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the advice and I will look into that range. If you have any details that would be great too!

i moved in 07 and never shot there sorry i dont have any info for you

Don't know what type of shooting discipline you 're after but the Harris, Elk River and Grand Forks ranges all have f-class leagues which are open to non-members during the summer shooting season. Good bunch of guys at all and tons of fun. Harris is usually 1000yds Thursday eves. Elk, 600 on Monday eves. and GFK is 600 on Sunday afternoons. Several of us make the drives from all over MN to attend. Hope this helps. Eric in DL

I'm in Little Falls. We have 2 ranges, Little Falls Pistol & Rifle Club , a good 100 yd Max range . It is good for dead nuts zeroing @ 100 yds. The Eastern Morrison County Sportsmans Club , not ideal, but can go to 400 yds. Both are located East on Hwy 27 about 3 to 7 miles. Both great. You do have to be an NRA member to join. Membership is manditory.

Hmmm interesting, is there a waiting list for membership or can I just sign up and start shooting. I was denied membership at a couple local ranges because they say they are full.

Pistol/Rifle Club , there shouldn't be a wait list? You can get a membership or inquire at Pap's Sporting Goods -downtown Little Falls, 1/2 block west of stoplite bank square. The sell guns??? Eastern Morrison Sportsman Club is more of a place to shoot. Less orthodocs . Has about 60 acres?I don't have the tele # , its on the gate . Hang loose a bit and I'll get for you. There is a very good Gun shop between the 2 called SHOOTING SPORTS. They also have range. If your interested in sporting clays shooting , RICE CREEK , has an excellent coarse. Its located 2 miles north on Cty 43. We are kind of a shooters meca here. Hope to meet you some day!

Its only Light > Got the Number for Eastern Morrison Sportsmans Club 320-468-2127. Both ranges are currently snowed in . If you like Gun Shops , You'll want to stop at BOONIES FINE GUNS on the east edge of Isle MN. Its on the SE corner of Milacs Lake. Its a nice little hole in the wall gun shop. Better reserve more than 10 minutes. You won't be disappointed .

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.