A new rifle that breaks the rules

Chinese powder.

Thanks for the recommendation but I'm not going to waste money trying to improve on powder made by people who have made billions of X39 rounds. I think they know what they are doing.:cool:

Last edited:
Humble, noted 🤣

Joking aside, your post is confusing.

You actually don't know exactly what powder you have except that it came in copper washed steel cases. That is why members are offering advice and mentioning different known powders and safety. Bulk surplus ammo from most anywhere is not known for consistency case to case.

I am curious if you are recording the actual weight of each charge in these cases? I am wondering what type of accuracy their machines are capable of from box to box or crate to crate.

It's a fallacy that semi-auto rifles are not capable of the same accuracy as bolt action rifles. You proved that, twice. It's a the horrible triggers and the monkey squeezing the booger hook haphazardly that usually results in poor performance.

Chinese powder.

Thanks for the recommendation but I'm not going to waste money trying to improve on powder made by people who have made billions of X39 rounds. I think they know what they are doing.:cool:
What they are doing is taking the cheapest components that they can make to sling bullets down range as "Cheaply" as possible. Crap in crap out. Appears subtle has no effect on you.

What I would really like to know is what makes these semi autos be so much better than bolt action CZ 527 ?
The CZ has an amazing set trigger, it breaks at 1 lb with no creep whatsoever.
Just rifle preference, a little tinkering and that CZ will surely suprise you. I had one in 222 and it was stupid accurate and easy to load for.

Humble, noted 🤣

Joking aside, your post is confusing.

You actually don't know exactly what powder you have except that it came in copper washed steel cases. That is why members are offering advice and mentioning different known powders and safety. Bulk surplus ammo from most anywhere is not known for consistency case to case.

I am curious if you are recording the actual weight of each charge in these cases? I am wondering what type of accuracy their machines are capable of from box to box or crate to crate.

It's a fallacy that semi-auto rifles are not capable of the same accuracy as bolt action rifles. You proved that, twice. It's a the horrible triggers and the monkey squeezing the booger hook haphazardly that usually results in poor performance.

I know exactly what powder I have, its powder that is made especially for 7.62X39 ammo., I know this as I take it out of 7.62 X 39 cases. :)

It's everyone else that does not know what powder they have, they really don't have a clue, they are all just relying on what they have been told.

Yes I weigh the charges, that said the Chinese copper washed ammo that comes on stripper clips is very consistent, I think it's made for rifles rather than machine guns. The copper washed ammo that does not come on stripper clips works well too, as does Polish lacquer covered 7.62 X 39, it's just more important to weigh the charges.

What they are doing is taking the cheapest components that they can make to sling bullets down range as "Cheaply" as possible. Crap in crap out. Appears subtle has no effect on you.
Do you actually know that, or is it just a wild guess ? Please let me know.

Last edited:
Just rifle preference, a little tinkering and that CZ will surely suprise you. I had one in 222 and it was stupid accurate and easy to load for.

I have another CZ, it's not particularly accurate either. I've been working up a load for it for a while , without much success so far.
IMG_5020.JPG

Do you actually know that, or is it just a wild guess ? Please let me know.
You will find that the vast majority of members here are just trying to help each other. It is unusual to read about someone pulling military surplus bullets and reusing the powder and bullets in new brass. If it is working for you, good for you. Many including me are hesitant to work up loads with unknown components (powder). Did you get your load out of a manual or just weigh the powder that came out of the surplus rounds?

You will find that the vast majority of members here are just trying to help each other. It is unusual to read about someone pulling military surplus bullets and reusing the powder and bullets in new brass. If it is working for you, good for you. Many including me are hesitant to work up loads with unknown components (powder). Did you get your load out of a manual or just weigh the powder that came out of the surplus rounds?
I can't understand why you say the components are unknown, nothing could be further from the truth.
With the X39 I weighed the powder from several rounds to get the average weight, the average is just under 25 grains. I use 24 grains per case in the reloads. Commercial primers ensure my loads are not corrosive.

1708895619057.jpeg
1708895674363.jpeg

I also use 7.62 X 54 R components to reload .303 British. The powder from that performs the same as BLC-2.

1708895348345.jpeg

I don't know what things are like on your side of the border, but up here crates of cheap surplus ammo are everywhere, It makes no sense not to use them.

I've been loading ammo for over 45 years without exploding a gun

Last edited:
I know exactly what powder I have, its powder that is made especially for 7.62X39 ammo., I know this as I take it out of 7.62 X 39 cases. :)

It's everyone else that does not know what powder they have, they really don't have a clue, they are all just relying on what they have been told.

Yes I weigh the charges, that said the Chinese copper washed ammo that comes on stripper clips is very consistent, I think it's made for rifles rather than machine guns. The copper washed ammo that does not come on stripper clips works well too, as does Polish lacquer covered 7.62 X 39, it's just more important to weigh the charges.

What is the burn rate, you keep saying that you know, when in fact all you know is where you pulled it from. You have no specifics about the powder, nothing other than your assumptions about it's safety. What happens when they change the powder and use a denser faster burn rate powder and you continue down the 25 grains powder charge road? Manufacturers swap powder when they cannot get the powder they normally buy. Recently, IIRC, someone pulled powder from various lots of 7 PRC and there were different powders and different charge weights in what was advertised as the exact same load. You think the Chinese are impervious to powder shortages because they have been making firecrackers for centuries? I personally would trust any other country before I would trust the Chinese.

What about the people who browse this board and take your information and use it with what they assume is a relatively safe surplus ammo, start pulling components and utilize the 25 grains "data" they read somewhere on a popular hunting forum?

Naive at best

What is the burn rate, you keep saying that you know, when in fact all you know is where you pulled it from. You have no specifics about the powder, nothing other than your assumptions about it's safety. What happens when they change the powder and use a denser faster burn rate powder and you continue down the 25 grains powder charge road? Manufacturers swap powder when they cannot get the powder they normally buy. Recently, IIRC, someone pulled powder from various lots of 7 PRC and there were different powders and different charge weights in what was advertised as the exact same load. You think the Chinese are impervious to powder shortages because they have been making firecrackers for centuries? I personally would trust any other country before I would trust the Chinese.

What about the people who browse this board and take your information and use it with what they assume is a relatively safe surplus ammo, start pulling components and utilize the 25 grains "data" they read somewhere on a popular hunting forum?

Naive at best
I know my X39 components come from X39 ammo, and I know my x39 ammo performs very well,. That's all I need to know thanks :D

I don't have time to worry about what if or what about. I have better things to do.