A new cheesehead to the site

tincan

New to this site but not new to shooting.
I'm from SW Wisconsin by way of Iowa.
My preference is shooting rimfires (it's an economy thing)
As some of you may know, Wisconsin has a feral cat problem, so I try to do my share of thining out these varmints. My preference is 17hm2 out to about 125yds, and 17HMR from 100yds to 175yds. I find that if you hit them anywhere in the eye they tip over quickly.
My wife and I live in the country so we have a ball with the crows in the winter months.
Looking forward to swapping tips and shooting stories.

Tincan

A fellow Wisconsinite with an attitude towards the kitties, I like you already!:D

Welcome to the site, plenty of great info here and good people willing to share it. Stick around we can always use another member to swap stories and info with.

Chris

Cheese and Hardly Davidsons, what could be better. Just add snow and the Packers.

You guys are Len's neighbors, so to speak.

Welcome aboard. Most of us expend large cases but most of us have little guns too.

Me. I like my 22's. They don't cause shoulder pain..........:)

hi and welcome
for some longer shots try the 223 with hollow points, the recoil is cmfortable and with reloading you can acheese (pun intended):), some awsomely accurate loads

Above statement is very true plus a 223 actually makes a report when ignited unlike the 'pop' the 22 makes.:)

I sometimes forget that the 223 is a viable game round for smaller game even though I have a 223 traget rifle. Cheap to reload too.

I've taken deer with it before but you have to be attentive to bullet placement and distance versus kinetic energy.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts