A New 6.5-300 Weatherby

I have two rifles in that caliber, accumark is not a big fan of being driven fast but 140's at 3250 are plenty fast. The ultra lite doesn't seem to mind anything you feed it at any speeds. 140 accubond at 3250, this is entrance hole. Almost certain in my nosler seconds I got a ballistic tipšŸ˜‰
I agree, something is fishy there.
Ive had them both over 3400 in a 9tw and never seen that happen.100-110gr.
you running 7.5-8?

Last edited:
Sorry to say, I never got a second opportunity at the eight point I missed early in the season. I did however take a doe with the 125 HHT. Broadside shot, 180 yards. Through and through, trashed the lungs and clipped the arteries off of the heart. Dead where she stood. Couldn't ask for more.
May I ask what powder you used with that bullet?

...are you sure you want to build this barrel burner, for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction....why not a .280AI with lightweight bullets, same thing but a much longer barrel life..
This is the third and last time I'll respond to a post like this; I've already started the process, bought the stock, have the action, purchased the dies, brass and bullets. I'm now 69 and simply want something different. I've got probably 5-6 years left in this sport and I'll shoot 40-50 rounds a year and practice with other rifles. It doesn't matter if the barrel life is 800 rounds, it's more than enough for me.

This is the third and last time I'll respond to a post like this; I've already started the process, bought the stock, have the action, purchased the dies, brass and bullets. I'm now 69 and simply want something different. I've got probably 5-6 years left in this sport and I'll shoot 40-50 rounds a year and practice with other rifles. It doesn't matter if the barrel life is 800 rounds, it's more than enough for me.
Good for you!!!!! Enjoy your rifle. @GLTaylor hit the nail on the head.

I like it. My dad (he's 68) was buying another tractor a few months ago. I asked why he needed it. He said "I don't really, but I don't want to change implements anymore and I don't care about the money."

Good enough for me. šŸ˜