A heavy 300 rum

north of 53

I live in Canada on the prairies and shoot 5 or 6
I just got my new gun finished. It is a 300 RUM on a 700 action with a 28" Ted Gaillard barrel. I had the action blueprinted and bedded and the bolt has been cleaned up as well. There is Jewel trigger on it and a Holland break. The scope is 6.5 to 20 X50 Leupold mark 4 on a 20 min rail. I am hoping this site will let me post a photo of it but not sure about that yet. I have just started shooting it , (less than 20 rounds) and I have it shooting inside 2" at 500 yards. I think the gun can do better but I am not sure I can. Time will tell.

Northof534357email.jpg

Last edited:
Nathank I live in northern Manitoba Canada. I had the gunsmithing done at A.C Duglas in Saskatoon. He has done a few guns for me and I have always been very happy with his work. I did up a 22-250 A.I. on a 788 action that was a real shooter. He is now rebarreling it for me. I just just shoot to much for my own good, it was still shooting 5 inch groups at 500 yards on a good day but that gun for the first almost 2000 rounds was 2"s at 500 so it was time for a new barrel.

Photos should be up on here very soon I think with a little help from a friend you will be able to have look at my gun on here.

I bought a 300 RUM remington sendero some years ago when they first came out. It has a heavy 26" barrel. It's one of the best shooters I have. All I have at our range is 100 yards, I have shot Groups at 100 yards just opening the 1st hole a little. I only load IMR-4831 88.0 grains and a 150 grain Nosler bullets That being a starting load. It still kicks right good. I have killed Deer out to 400 yards just by holding above. It is the best and most accurate right out of the box rifle I ever got. Right after I got mine they reduced the diameter of the barrel and put flutes. They are alot lighter and I bet they really kick more so than the one I got. I really I dont think i could have done better if I built one from scratch. This one will never go anywhere. Shoot straight, Hope you have fair winds and following seas. lou

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts