A Great Time At The Base Of The Bighorns

Congratulations to both of you. Great looking country for deer hunting. Nice looking handguns. Who built the Blaser? That is sweet!
I will be carrying my new Encore custom barrel 308 w/break this year when I go. Haven't been out for gun season, only Archery. Going to KS next weekend at Raymond and Little River. It snowed 8" last night and hope it stays for next weekend. My friend in Chase took a very nice 12 Pnt last weekend. Ernie, hope all is well with everyone up that way. Haven't seen any photos of that Sharpshooter son of yours lately.
My friends from Guymon purchase some land with rustic home, barn and out building at Red Lodge, MT and want me to come out there for next season. I might try that.
Mike

Congratulations to both of you. Great looking country for deer hunting. Nice looking handguns. Who built the Blaser? That is sweet!
I will be carrying my new Encore custom barrel 308 w/break this year when I go. Haven't been out for gun season, only Archery. Going to KS next weekend at Raymond and Little River. It snowed 8" last night and hope it stays for next weekend. My friend in Chase took a very nice 12 Pnt last weekend. Ernie, hope all is well with everyone up that way. Haven't seen any photos of that Sharpshooter son of yours lately.
My friends from Guymon purchase some land with rustic home, barn and out building at Red Lodge, MT and want me to come out there for next season. I might try that.
Mike
Erik and his wife Neva are in the interior of Mexico, doing mission work for the last 2+ years.
Before that he was in Brazil for a year and a half, then he was in preaching school.
He hasn't been doing much shooting or hunting.

Last edited:
Who built the Blaser? That is sweet!
I will be carrying my new Encore custom barrel 308 w/brake this year when I go.
Mike
Mike,
The companies name is "Blaser."
They have made rifles for years.
They made a very limited number of these specialty pistols..I have heard between 25-50. I really don't know though.
Good luck with your 308 Win pistol!

Ernie, Merry Christmas and thanks for the info on the Blaser. My friend has a Blaser rifle and it is fun to shoot.
That's great news about Erik. My wife's name is Neva. Don't hear that name much.
Do you hear of or see posts from WV Hitman on any forums. I was thinking about him the other day. He had a 284-375 I visited with him several times about and have been toying with the idea of having one made in an Encore barrel.
Congratulations on the deer hunt. Oh, I did take two deer with the Encore 308 in SW Oklahoma on an Antlerless hunt. I really like shooting it.
Mike