A .223 range question

My M700 Varmint Special with the lighter weight bullets >55 grs is not up to the task. The twist of my barrel is to slow for the heavier bullets, when I bought mine pushing 40gr bullets upwards of 3700 fps was the range. Explosive out to 300 yds or so they are a lot of fun.

The AR's are being shipped with the faster twist barrels and I would be curious what bullet is being used out to 600 yds.

I am still wanting a 22-250 rifle with a 1-8 barrel for use with 80gr bullets, I think it would on heck of a LR PD rifle.

Ya the longer the funner! ;)

I am going on monday and we pester them at 400. I dont have a turret scope but i was doing not too bad just aiming up. I am waiting for my new barrel. 223 1-9 26 inch ss with .875 varmint/bull contour. Can't wait. already got my new boyds thumbhole stock. i hope to be able to shoot 600 with this set up. I have 68gr and 75gr hpbt match bullets to try. Hard to get those bergers.

anybody here try a mcgowen barrel? thats who i ordered mine from. should be good.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.