9mm smaller than pm9?

cohunt

Is the kahr pm9 the smallest/lightest 9mm pistol available?

On a side note, what is the most comfortable appendix carry iwb cc holster? Preferably a 2 clip design.

IMO the Kahr is probably the most dependable 9mm sub-compact available. I feed mine everything and even put mixed cartridges in a single magazine, some light & others fast. The Kahr feeds, fires and ejects them all without a hiccup.

A sub-compact that you actually carry is a lot better than the custom 1911 that you leave at home because it's too heavy or too hard to conceal.

IMO the Kahr is probably the most dependable 9mm sub-compact available. I feed mine everything and even put mixed cartridges in a single magazine, some light & others fast. The Kahr feeds, fires and ejects them all without a hiccup.

A sub-compact that you actually carry is a lot better than the custom 1911 that you leave at home because it's too heavy or too hard to conceal.
On the flip side, my Sig P320 is the biggest *** ever.
The only thing reliable about it is, you can rely on getting a whole bunch of failure to extracts every trip to the range.

I switched from the PM9 to carrying a P365. With the Magutz kit, I doubled my capacity.

In summer light clothes, I front pocket holster carry a P351C, 7 shot 22 Mag J frame revolver that weighs 11 oz (13 loaded) with 45 gr FTX

I carry a s&w shield and shield plus. But the p365 is very nice. The macro model is 17+1 and the grip still feels good to me. I dont like fat grips like glocks have.

On the flip side, my Sig P320 is the biggest *** ever.
The only thing reliable about it is, you can rely on getting a whole bunch of failure to extracts every t

Sig has a good reputation - I'd send that pistol back for review & repair.
I did.
They sent it back saying they fixed it. They obviously didn't. From what I've gathered from the internet, the very first ones, which mine is one of, had bum extractors. I'm pretty sure they were too cheap to even put a new two dollar extractor in.
Before the possible weak grip responses come in, I have made sure my grip is more than sufficiently firm.
Also, it is really fickle on ammo brand. Remington seems to be the best, but far from perfect. Cheaper brands like Blazer are beyond ludicrous in the amount of FTEs.

The 365 looks nice with the extra capacity--- but since I'm looking for smallest/lightest-- a double stack isn't gonna win in the weight department for sure.
Only one I've found that is lighter and about the same size as the kahr is the diamondback db9--- not sure I'd trust the db9 as an edc.

some of the 380 autos are smaller/lighter but I'd prefer a 9 if I can keep the weight down.

I recently switched professions-- now an hvac tech-- we work in plenty of "not so nice" residential areas--- work on lots of comercial buildings, hotels, and grow house facilities too--- bit also work on $5mil + custom homes, so it's gotta be discrete.

So gotta keep it out of sight- no printing no matter if I'm standing, kneeling, squatting, sitting, on my belly or back in a crawl space, climbing a ladder to comercial buildings, in and out of the service van all day, etc.

So I figure an iwb--- rear appendix carry double clip holster is my best bet--- and a micro single stack 9 is about the min I'd like to carry. Right now I'm using my tcp380-- but if I can fid a holster/gun combo that won't be uncomfortable, won't weigh down my pants, and won't print then I'd switch over. I'm 6'1" and 175lbs so I'm pretty bony too--- not much personal padding, so I was hoping for a holster with maybe a thin neoprene backing to help keep the pistol from digging into my back.

Last edited: