7rum RL 26

JIsbell40

Has anybody tried a 7RUM with rl26? I'll be trying both 160 accubond and 180 Berger's in a 26" Bartlein 3B 700 Remington. If anyone has used this powder in the 160 or 180 grain projectile flavors, I'd love to hear any info you have.

Not in that particular cartridge but the 6mm's have done some amazing things. Faster and less pressure than 'normal' powders while been pretty darn awesome being temp stable. It's some good fairy dust for sure.

Funny you bring this up I just walked in from shooting reloader 26 in a 7mm practical,I know it's not a rum,but I too have been keeping a eye out for this powder and 7mm combo and haven't seen much. But I loaded up a straight 70 grains and shot it out of a well worn barrel pushing 1000 rounds of 195s and was losing a lot of velocity but I'm only getting 2970s on my chrono with 195s but it shoots great,same hole at 100 and sub 2 inch at 708 yes tonight.71 grains was giving a stiff bolt on my rifle but 70 was good,and I'm sure I've lost 100-150 fps in this barrel I actually have another 1-8 I am going to have chambered but thought I'd try it in this barrel before I pull it,and think I will shoot it a little longer.

Haha awesome. That stuff is crazy isn't it?! We use it in our 6mm Lapua and the thing screams with 42.2 pushing 115 Berger VLDs at 3065. No pressure signs at all. Can't come close to that speed with H4350 or the like.

Yes I think im going to like it a lot.i would like to hear more on it in the 7 rum also and the regular 7mm Remington mag with 180 and 195 bergers

No RUM, but been running it in my .300WinMag with the 208gn A-Max/ELD-M since last summer. Getting 3092fps using standard primers and accuracy is great but Hornady brass is too soft and primer pockets are loose. Wish Lapua would start making .300WinMag!
JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.