7RM 131 HH load data

That's correct so why even mention Retumbo? and the thread title is
"7RM 131 HH load data" and "So go with your slowest burn rate powder." would be a total waste of time and components
The only place you can get load data is thru Steve or on this site.
The other buyers of Hammer lines are doing something else..
Retumbo is just one of the powders I have tried. It works surprising well for lighter bullets in 2 7RM's I have. Retumbo produces 3100+ fps without exceeding 58.5k psi with a 139 gmx, or a 140 Sierra in general.
Since he has no Retumbo, I suggested he use the slower powders he has on hand, choosing the temp insensitive H powders with load data, since I have no idea where he's hunting/shooting. Come hunting season, will he drop out of an accuracy node with IMR4831?
The Absolute line is not in play here requiring abnormally fast burn rates, your suggested crimping etc....so the HH can use slower powders that he has on hand.
Since his dad is using it and is used to 150 yard shots, maybe with the goal of going up I reckon, he needs something to get the Hammer Hunter to work correctly, safely.
That's it. It wasn't a "WAG", Bean.
No offense intended.

The only place you can get load data is thru Steve or on this site.
The other buyers of Hammer lines are doing something else..
Retumbo is just one of the powders I have tried. It works surprising well for lighter bullets in 2 7RM's I have. Retumbo produces 3100+ fps without exceeding 58.5k psi with a 139 gmx, or a 140 Sierra in general.
Since he has no Retumbo, I suggested he use the slower powders he has on hand, choosing the temp insensitive H powders with load data, since I have no idea where he's hunting/shooting. Come hunting season, will he drop out of an accuracy node with IMR4831?
The Absolute line is not in play here requiring abnormally fast burn rates, your suggested crimping etc....so the HH can use slower powders that he has on hand.
Since his dad is using it and is used to 150 yard shots, maybe with the goal of going up I reckon, he needs something to get the Hammer Hunter to work correctly, safely.
That's it. It wasn't a "WAG", Bean.
No offense intended.
All apologies to the OP as I have no intention of derailing you thread, But Are you saying that I'm leading him astray and putting him in Danger, Did you try Retumbo with the Hammers ? Are you saying that IMR4831 is an "abnormal powder" for the 7mm in that caliber ?, Most all load development with Hammers over a 5 grain spread shoot sub MOA so the accuracy node is irrelevant and EWIW I personally have never looked for an accuracy node, Load to pressure, back off a gran and let her eat , Yeah it's that easy and they shoot that good

I would say try the 4350. Save the slower stuff for something a little heavier.

From Nosler's site. This is for a 140gr. Not H4350, but it would get you close. As stated by BB. Load one at a time, 1gr per and shoot until you find pressure. Back off 1.5gr and load the remaining 10 at that. Shoot five over the chrono and go hunt with the other five:p

1625758809092.png

I'm guessing that due to the reduced engraving and thus pressure, you cannot get a good starting point using the books and a similar weight projectile. They're similar in weight but ride differently.
my adivice is to consider it a dangerous chore, carefully inspect each case for pressure and develops slowly. When you have some evidences based guardrails, make a spreadsheet with the data.
ive looked at the hammer site and forum. There is no organized loading data.
* someone should organize a sheet of load data by caliber and projectile for hammers. Enough of that info is floating around but it's like confetti

I'm guessing that due to the reduced engraving and thus pressure, you cannot get a good starting point using the books and a similar weight projectile. They're similar in weight but ride differently.
my adivice is to consider it a dangerous chore, carefully inspect each case for pressure and develops slowly. When you have some evidences based guardrails, make a spreadsheet with the data.
* someone should organize a sheet of load data by caliber and projectile for hammers. Enough of that info is floating around but it's like confetti
Good idea! Go for it!
G

Guessing, That sounds about right and your Late to the party with two others, Look again, It's there thanks to GLTaylor, Man What is wrong with people

Guessing, That sounds about right and your Late to the party with two others, Look again, It's there thanks to GLTaylor, Man What is wrong with people
What is wrong with people? Idk. Where is said spreadsheet. I looked on hammers forum. I may have overlooked it. Care to help a fella out? I'm just dumb bumpkin.
seems there is a plethora of questions asked and the answer is frequently "your a dumb ***, late to the party." I BELIEVE some of us are just looking for intelligent answers to legitimate questions that is supported by data. Care to post a link to the reloading sheets?

What is wrong with people? Idk. Where is said spreadsheet. I looked on hammers forum. I may have overlooked it. Care to help a fella out? I'm just dumb bumpkin.
seems there is a plethora of questions asked and the answer is frequently "your a dumb ***, late to the party." I BELIEVE some of us are just looking for intelligent answers to legitimate questions that is supported by data. Care to post a link to the reloading sheets?
No one said anyone was dumb so please don't go there ,The search bar will help late comers tremendously

Last edited:
My dad has a MK-II in 7RM that's been a finicky gun to find a load for. He just drew his first antelope tag (doe) and I'd like to get his rifle dialed as he's never shot much over 150 yards. I purchased the sample pack of 131 HH and have the following powders:

H4350
N165
Superformance
IMR 4831
H4895

What powder would you recommend trying out? and at what initial powder load?

Mn_hntr----------I'd be all over H4350 and IMR 4831. One of them should perk well and give you plenty of speed.

Where did your dad get his lope permit, way cool that he did and I hope you get to hunt with him! What I wouldn't do to be able to hunt with my dad one more time:)

Mn_hntr----------I'd be all over H4350 and IMR 4831. One of them should perk well and give you plenty of speed.

Where did your dad get his lope permit, way cool that he did and I hope you get to hunt with him! What I wouldn't do to be able to hunt with my dad one more time:)

I have a lot more H4350 than IMR4831, so I think I'll give the H4350 a try first.

My Dad drew a permit for WY Unit 73 and I drew a cow elk tag for the same area, unit 120. I am very excited to be able to take him out west for a hunt! He's been telling the other police chaplains how he won the lottery in reference to drawing a tag. In addition to e-scouting, we are trying to figure out if we should go in September when his season starts and I'll archery hunt, or go in October so we can both rifle hunt.

I have a lot more H4350 than IMR4831, so I think I'll give the H4350 a try first.

My Dad drew a permit for WY Unit 73 and I drew a cow elk tag for the same area, unit 120. I am very excited to be able to take him out west for a hunt! He's been telling the other police chaplains how he won the lottery in reference to drawing a tag. In addition to e-scouting, we are trying to figure out if we should go in September when his season starts and I'll archery hunt, or go in October so we can both rifle hunt.
Congratulations on the tags! I hunted 73 2 years ago. He will see hundreds of bucks, good bucks. It won't matter when he hunts, that unit is big with lots of ground and plentiful huge bucks. October will have very few hunters and better weather. It can be, and often is, hot in September. Colder weather will benefit you on the cow elk. Congratulations again!

Congratulations on the tags! I hunted 73 2 years ago. He will see hundreds of bucks, good bucks. It won't matter when he hunts, that unit is big with lots of ground and plentiful huge bucks. October will have very few hunters and better weather. It can be, and often is, hot in September. Colder weather will benefit you on the cow elk. Congratulations again!

Sounds like it'll be a fun hunt! I figure if my Dad gets some good practice with a good load he should fill the doe antelope tag. No idea how the cow elk tag will go, I've heard the roads turn to mud if it rains, so getting to the higher portions of the unit can be difficult.