• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 7MM WSM BRASS

Nubba0681

What you people doing that are able to shoot yours? Where are you finding brass?

I've been wanting to build one a while but I'm not going to get very far with my 50 new pieces of Winchester brass. If I can find some good quality brass I may go ahead with the build… If not, I'll sell my bag of brass and go the 7 prc route and wait it out.

There's a bunch on gunbroker right now. I have a few spare bags of Winchester $2/piece. Honestly it's pretty good brass. Bertram has it too. I hear mixed reviews on Bertram though. Worst case scenario fireform it from 270 Norma brass.

There's a bunch on gunbroker right now. I have a few spare bags of Winchester $2/piece. Honestly it's pretty good brass. Bertram has it too. I hear mixed reviews on Bertram though. Worst case scenario fireform it from 270 Norma brass.
I had the worst luck with Bertram brass. Ordered 250 300wsm brass and it looked like they had tumbled range pick ups and packaged them. Before hand, it looked like they had a guy cut the necks to length with a hacksaw at the factory. Tried to return them and because the package was opened, it was considered used and they wouldn't let me return it.

I've ran Winchester in my 300 wsm and it was ok. Got 3 firings out of some and it was trash.
I'm looking for some decent stuff so I can get 6-8 firings. I'd buy 500 if I could find some good stuff. Having to work with 50 isn't worth fooling with though.

How long ago on the Bertram? Different us owners now. Winchester or fireforming are the best options. I love my 7 wsm's. Smokes the saum all day.
This was end of 21.

I had a 7wsm few years back. Loved it and sold everything I had and kinda missed it ever since…. I still have all of the bullets I used and need something to fit the short compact with horsepower 7mm bill. I have a tikka action so my options are limitless up to a 7 mag but ranger boring to me lol. I've had my fun with them. I like the short fat cases and as stated above, kinda interested in the 7 prc.

I wish we (LRH/Rokslide group buy) could get a discount on bulk Bertram. I'm interested to try it but not at $2/ not knowing if quality is good. Getting it closer to $1 or so I'd gamble.

I am, and have been a huge 7WSM fan, and have enough brass to last me for the rest of my shooting career. With that said I would probably go PRC today with the lack of brass. We throat them long and put them in a long action and it rips. I have tried the Bertram and it needs work up front but then works fine. You could consider the 7/300 WSM also. I know a few guys running that instead of the 7 WSM.

You should do a search here on LRH. I just saw 3 new bags for sale a day or 2 ago.
I own and shoot a 7WSM myself. But if I were to rebuild one I'd get a 7-300WSM just to permanently resolve the brass issue. Or, you might consider a 7RSUAM.

The 7PRC has virtually no brass availability right now and unless you are committed to long/heavy bullets, it may not be the best option.

I have 7/300 and 7WSM and both are awesome shooters. I have about 200 pieces of Winchester brass for the 7WSM and have had no issues with the brass. My go to gun for incredible accuracy is my 7 WSM. The confidence I have in that gun is unreal. My only issue is I really don't do any long range shooting anymore so I feel like I have a Ferrari to make grocery runs.

What you people doing that are able to shoot yours? Where are you finding brass?

I've been wanting to build one a while but I'm not going to get very far with my 50 new pieces of Winchester brass. If I can find some good quality brass I may go ahead with the build… If not, I'll sell my bag of brass and go the 7 prc route and wait it out.

Here you go - act fast!

Recent Posts