7mm wsm brass

Cackas2

Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum and looking to make 7mm wsm brass from 300 wsm. I currently have a Ruger 77 and am looking to rebarrel it in the near future and would like it to stay a 7mm wsm just because I keep a box of factories on the shelf for all my guns just in case. Anyway I have a basic understanding of how to size it down just looking for some more in depth info and what steps you go through. Also what kinds of dies neck turning, reaming, parent brass preference etc. Any and all info appreciated. Thanks

The total lack of 7WSM brass anywhere added to the fact that none of the quality brass manufacturers even makes brass in 7WSM is a pretty good reason to consider a rebarrel in 300WSM when the time comes.
I really like my custom 7WSM but brass availability has become a real issue.

I actually just acquired 179 pieces of once fired 7mm wsm Winchester brass from gunbroker. The only hitch might be that the necks are only .0144 so I'm thinking when I get a set of dies it will be redding type S so I have the availibility of the bushings. I also have 40 once fired federals that I shot myself. The 300 wsm makes sense as far as availibility but the 7wsm intrigues me more for some reason.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.