• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 7mm Sherman Max

schamsy33

For sale is a very nice 7mm Sherman Max. I bought this rifle from a member here about 3-4 months ago because it was such a great deal, but I haven't had time to do anything with it and want to pass the opportunity along to someone that does have time for it. The italicized text below is from the original ad from when I purchased the rifle.

Fireformed 100 pcs of brass with 162 ELDX AND Shot hammers into 1/2" groups with just throwing a load together.

7mm Sherman MAX (exactly 200 rounds fired)

Weight is 10lbs scoped.
Pierce Engineering Shadow in Long Action $1200
Manners EH1 stock $850
24" 1:8 twist Proof Research Carbon Sendero barrel $700
Hawkins Hunter DBM LA with magazine $215
Triggertech Special trigger $200
Salmon River Solutions self timing titanium brake $225

Add all that up and it's $3490 just for parts. I paid $900 for the smithing. Total on my end was right near $4400.

No one really cares how much you paid in smithing costs when they are buying a rifle. The rifle is in mint condition. I just got it in February.

My asking price is $3000 shipped. Does not include scope or bipod. That is a steal of a deal. Even if you didn't want a 7mm Sherman MAX which is a great cartridge, you could still save money by getting another barrel.

So, I paid the asking price of $3000 shipped and also bought his 7mm Sherman Max Manson reamer and go-gauge for $250. Simply looking to pass this along for $3250 shipped. I just weighed the rifle as pictured and it came in at 7.25lbs.
IMG_0971.JPG
IMG_0972.JPG
IMG_0973.JPG

Thanks

I am the original owner of this rifle so I hope he doesn't mind me posting. I only shot the rifle to fireform some brass and break in the barrel. I never did load development for it. I decided to sell it because my son already has a 7 MAX and I didn't really need two of them. I would have sold the older 7 MAX that is my sons but he would have killed me haha.

In my sons 7 MAX, the 169 Gr hammers get along at 3100 fps. I can't remember what the hammers were going in this rifle for velocity. I just loaded up 2 Gr below what my sons load was for his rifle and was shooting that. It was 1/2", 3 shot groups.