7mm Sherman Max Need Help

Bang4theBuck

I have myself convinced that I am going to take the plunge into a 7mm Sherman Max. I am going to build a lightweight hunting rig. My dilemma is that I dont like the dies that are available through Sherman. I was wondering if I were to send 4 pieces of brand new Sherman brass to one of you guys with a 7 max, if you could fire it for me in a 7max chamber, so that I could send them in to lee to have neck collet, full length and seating dies made. This would cut a bunch of time off for me in getting this rifle ready to shoot. I am currently around 10 weeks out from having my barrel. I'm happy to send projectiles along as well as money for the powder and primers to make it happen. Please PM. Thanks.

seriously??? your going to take Lee over Whidden??
Not my money, not my gun, but not so sure I would do that.

good luck in your search.

The proof is in the pudding. All of my loads with Lee dies have excellent run-out numbers, excellent neck tension, and I dont need to mess around with bushings and all of that other expensive non-sense. Its not my first rodeo.

I have myself convinced that I am going to take the plunge into a 7mm Sherman Max. I am going to build a lightweight hunting rig. My dilemma is that I dont like the dies that are available through Sherman. I was wondering if I were to send 4 pieces of brand new Sherman brass to one of you guys with a 7 max, if you could fire it for me in a 7max chamber, so that I could send them in to lee to have neck collet, full length and seating dies made. This would cut a bunch of time off for me in getting this rifle ready to shoot. I am currently around 10 weeks out from having my barrel. I'm happy to send projectiles along as well as money for the powder and primers to make it happen. Please PM. Thanks.
Unless I am overlooking something, and quite possibly I am, here is the problem I see with that, all reamers are not created equal. The reamer used to cut someone else's barrel chamber may be dimensioned differently than the one used to chamber your rifle. At that point you are taking one step ahead and 2 steps back, costing yourself more time and $$$.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.