7mm RUM or 338 Lapua Mag for Long Range Pdoggin

Ok please help me then. Because i am refering to a vais muzzle break. My rifle shoots much better with it. With or with out the muzzle break it really dont kick. Its only a 260 Rem. The rifle does not have a heavy barrel. Its just an old standered 24". I know that the muzzle breaks do take away recoil and make for good fallow up shots. What I " think " some people dont understand is that it also takes away alot of the vibration from the barrel. It mite not be so noticeable on a more heavy barrel. We put heavy barrels on our rifles to take that vibration away. Atleast thats what I hope a heavy barrel if for. Shorter barrels are more accurate because they are more ridged. But they loose speed. I know people dont think about steel bending, especially a rifle barrel. But when your pushing a bullet out of it at high speed it vibrates like crazy. The muzzle break takes that vibration away. Along with the felt recoil. People just focus on a muzzle break takeing away recoil. It does so much more. Now on the 338 Lapua. I didnt know much about them when this thread started. All I new is that they kick like a mule. I still have not shot one yet. But from what I have read an seen on youtube videos LOL!! There pretty sweet. They just kick like hell. Twice as hard as a 7mm rem mag from what I read. There is a new 416 Barret I would'nt mind getting my hands. And again from what I read it kicks less than a 300 win mag, even with the 400grn bullet at 3600fps. " Im sure ill catch crap on that one too. " LOL!!!! Well hey, have a good un. No hard feelins.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.