7mm remmag powder with 165-180g bullets?

What powders would you look to for the 165-180 class? I'm thinking of retumbo, h1000, or Rl23. Which ones would you start with and what primers?
Fed 215 primers and RL26 gives me an extremely accurate load with my 7-300 wsm, 180 Elds @ 3000.
H1000 was very accurate as well but couldn't break 2850.
Retumbo has been super disappointing for me with every chamberimg I've tried it in! It gets a little better velocity than H1000 but accuracy sucks.

That middle ground 70.6-70.8 is where to work. When the velocity is higher in the charge weight is the impact higher or lower? Most of the rifles I load for it's low. That's when I know I found where it will shoot best. My brother's 7mag with 162's is 70.4 retumbo close to 2975ish. Your at that point where your load is optimized for the barrel and it's not acceptable. I'd run 7828 and H1000 next out of what you listed. I have not finished the rl26 developement so I don't have enough to say with confidence, however if it follows the trend for other cartridges it will shoot best faster than everything else I tried

I've tried all of the most popular powders mentioned (Retumbo, 7828ssc, etc.) but I always wind up back with H1000 in my 7RM.
Really wanting to try the new IMR8133 just because I cant leave well enough alone and if I had one complaint about H1000 is SD's seem to be an issue with various bullets but it has consistently been the most accurate.

I've tried all of the most popular powders mentioned (Retumbo, 7828ssc, etc.) but I always wind up back with H1000 in my 7RM.
Really wanting to try the new IMR8133 just because I cant leave well enough alone and if I had one complaint about H1000 is SD's seem to be an issue with various bullets but it has consistently been the most accurate.
Have you tried RL26?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.