7mm rem mag with 180s velocities?

Wow 3100 would be really awesome. I wont get my Hope's up though. I'll be perfectly happy with a 180 eld at 3000 fps. According to the numbers on paper, it leaves the 300 winmag behind once you get to 1,000 and will stay supersonic to about a mile.

Indeed, I too have been seduced by the 180 eld. Even at 2900fps, the ballistic capabilities are far beyond my own. Looks like a good recipe to beat the breeze

Don't forget that the 195's have a spotty reputation on game. They are amazing on paper but many have had issues with the lethality of them.

So I got some 180 eld-m bullets in and i tried them out of my factory browning with a 9.5 twist barrel just to get a base line velocity. I loaded up 4 at 67 grains of rl-26 to start. Average velocity was 2984 fps which was a pleasant suprise. The bullet was stable at 100 yards and grouped well for me. I did pull one round out of the group which opened it up to .763. The other 3 landed into a .267moa group. Very happy with the results and it's a good starting point. No visibal pressure signs. Shout out to codyadams for giving me some of his numbers as a baseline for me to go off of.
20180825_161435.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts