7mm Creedmoor … my new favorite. 9 pointer down

How does that cartridge design and performance differ from 7/08?
Im not familiar with the CM case.
Good Shooting !
Creedmoor cases are better for heavy, long, high BC bullets in a short actions than comparable 308 based cases. The case is shorter so the bullet doesn't need to be seated as deeply, and the case geometry helps bring back some of the lost capacity. The same thing is true for 6 Creed/243, 6.5 Creed/260, 8.6 Blk/338 Federal, and other pairings.

7mm Creedmoor did me good!

Well, my 7mm Creedmoor did a great job. 120 grain Nosler,BT @3237 FPS.
Got this buck at 352 yards. I dialed for 350 ,but didn't quite hold enough for wind. It shot a little farther forward than I would have liked, but I can't complain …it went 15 yards plowing his nose the whole way. What is interesting is it looked like someone had shot at it with an arrow and shot low because it had a big gash on his chest. I'm actually really thankful I got it because who knows what might've happened to him. He could've got infected, or he might've had a really bad winter and died.

Thank You for saving that animal and correcting another persons mistake......

Is 3237fps a mistype?
A 120 @ 3237fps from a 24" CM based case is impressive.
It is overpressure, but I only had slight flattening of the primers. I shot several hundred 120g bullets using several powders. LVR gave the most velocity with 3/4" groups. I used GRT to work this load up and had hundreds of rds for velocity at various temperatures. Once again the velocity was spot on after tweaking inputs.
Best group was with SW Match at 45.12g @ 3142

Attachments

• 120 BT with LVR.png
    120 BT with LVR.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 36
How does that cartridge design and performance differ from 7/08?
Im not familiar with the CM case.
Good Shooting !
The 7 CM is to the 7-08 what the 6.5 CM is to the .260 Rem. The 308 case holds a bit more powder. The CM is a shorter case with a longer neck allowing a longer seated bullet to meet the OAL spec. Overall, they are equal in performance due to both having roughly the same useable case capacity.

Having a 7-08 and two 284 wins, I can't justify a 7PRC or CM. I will say that the 7CM sure is sexier looking than the 7-08. The 7-08 would need to be improved to be as sexy looking as the CM