7mm/300 winchester

Possum284

Hi I have a 7mm rem mag laredo barrel does anyone know anyone or could possibly do it themselves but I want to rechamber it to 7mm/300wm and have installed on my model 70 but the only place around here is a gander mountain and I would rather have some place else do it any help is appreciated

1 4 Me 2!

I don't believe that this is in the right forum, however, I wanted to give it a bump because I'm in the market for the same thing. Hopefully an administrator will put this in the rifles or gunsmithing threads. Do you happen to know what a set of dies would cost for a 7mm/300Win?

Maybe because there are 2 of us we can get a smith to do this and won't get stung too hard for the cost of a new reamer. I'd like to discuss this with a smith who understands what we want to do and can explain to me how difficult it is going to be to get dies. I really don't want to have to monkey around with sketches showing cartridge dimensions. I'm pretty much just interested in taking a 300Win and squeezing it down to 7mm and don't have much of a preference on shoulder angle as long as it is not something obscure that is going to give me fits when I try to get dies.

I'd be willing to discuss this option with a gunsmith if you have one in mind. I've met Shawn Carlock can recommend his work but have heard that Nathan Dagley (Straight Shot Gunsmithing.com "308Nate") does a great job and might have a faster turn around.

PM me if you're interested.

There was a reamer for sale on 6mmBR a few weeks ago and as far as dies go just by yourself some 300wm redding dies with neck bushings and get the right size bushing for the 7mm neck.

a guy I know has 3-4 of these,,he named it after himself the 7mm Claunch Magnum,,he says it is the ultimate 7mm for the 700 length magnum action,,being able to seat the bullets out where the need to be and still fit the magazine.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts