7MM 168 VLD Berger-vs-JLK

bamban

Do any of you gents/ladies ever compared the old Bergers (now hunting VLDs) and JLK? Jimmy Knox gifted a few hundreds of his remaining stock of 7mm 168 VLDs, just curious if y'all had experience with them on game.

I will get me own field experience with them this season using 7RM, looking for your own, the good, bad, and the ugly. Precision wise, I don't see any difference between the two, looking for first hand knowledge on game performance.

I loaded up Berger 168 HVLD for my Grandson 7mm Rem Mag, like anything else, it is shot placement. I had told him, if you get the opportunity put the bullet on mid shoulder point and you will see him drop as if he was struck by lightning. He did and commented he fell so fast I thought I had missed him.

I loaded up Berger 168 HVLD for my Grandson 7mm Rem Mag, like anything else, it is shot placement. I had told him, if you get the opportunity put the bullet on mid shoulder point and you will see him drop as if he was struck by lightning. He did and commented he fell so fast I thought I had missed him.
How fast did you launch the 168s?

Last edited:
I would have to get him to send me his book I gave him on his load data, I do not remember the amount of powder, but I did not load it hot, I loaded per accuracy and to keep him safe. I used H1000 and CCI LRM primer. I want to say it was in the 2800's FPS, but again I cannot remember the load and what I Chrono at that time.