7mm-08 quickload request 168 Accubond Long Range

I found a good load with 162 eld match and 48 grains ramshot hunter. Shot .38@100 yds. I didnt have chrono though to see how fast it was. I am wanting an elk load though and dont know if i trust eld match to stay together. I like ablr because it is bonded.

I just noticed you asked for 2.880" length; the QL data is 2.800". I'll rerun it this morning and post it for ya.

Attachments

• QL 7mm08 168ablr rev3.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 105
This is my 150ablr load on the left is at 20 yards the right 380yds both went straight through 4 1 gallon milk jug filled with water we're found in the fifth running 2850fps @ 12 ft from muzzle it is a little longer than 2.880 and h4350 fits easily in win brass. I am pretty sure from experience that rl17 would be about the same and I could go a little faster with either powder I had 162 a maxes up there with both powders but like was said got sticky bolt in summer had to drop about Two grains bringing velocity down lower than I liked back when I tried it although I think from what I am seeing and hearing the 162 eldx bullets out now should work good in that 2600/2700 fps area

Attachments

• IMG_20171231_091526913.jpg
    IMG_20171231_091526913.jpg
    529.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the 150ABLR terminal results - they look great.

My challenges with fitting enough powder in the case was most likely due to my 2.8" max length in my Kimber (mag box measure about 10 thou over 2.8).

I wish I had terminal results I ended up getting my deer this year with a little 250 sav, because I got tired of carrying the heavy varmint barreled 7-08 yea, I feel pretty good about the load it is accurate and seems to be easy on brass, I was really surprised I really expected something like one jug at 20 yards their are other tests out there on the net that duplicate mine except I think they used reduced loads to get lower velocity rather than shooting at the actual longer range, I have had to use a drop tube to help at times with the H4350 and some combos even though all have been within my reload books recommended max

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.