7828 in 6.5-284

Adam Moore

Anyone use this combination? starting to develop a load for my 6.5-284 and plan to shoot 130-140 grain bullets most of the time. I would love to be able to use this powder because my 280AI absolutely loves this powder and wouldnt have to keep so many options around the house. I just cant find much load data out there with this powder listed for this caliber. Help me out with data you might be using or know about that I cant find.

TIA

berger has data for it on the website. start listed is 50.5 grains for 135 grains and 50.0 for 140.

How temperature stable are you finding it?

berger has data for it on the website. start listed is 50.5 grains for 135 grains and 50.0 for 140.

How temperature stable are you finding it?
Thanks I'll look at that......I havn't formally tested it for temperature sensitivity, but once I got my load developed i havent seen a noticeable change in POI or group size.

Just start at 50 grains and work up, look for 2950fps-3050. That's the sweet spot of the cartridge, h4831sc, h1000, retumbo, and re26 are really good performers.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.