760 7600 remington barrel lug removal

I'm not sure exactly what your talking about? , what lug is it and what purpose does it serve?

I haven't ever done anything more than just clean and sight in any of the Rem pump and auto rifles so thats why I'm not sure what it is yur looking at. I know that part of being a gunsmith and machinest is having to make your own tools so maybe one of the smiths here have one or have an idea what to get to make it work.

i was refering to the barrel extension which has the internal locking lugs for the bolt head to turn & lock into when the action is closed. this is threaded onto the barrel threads behind the barrel lug.

Have you tried a 3/16 pin punch with a small cheater?
As far as the actual tool made for it you might try calling Brownells and ask them.

James

+1 on calling Brownells. They have a 742, 4, and 7400 wrench, but I don't know if it will work on the 760, 7600. Worth a telephone call.

Good luck, Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.