700 yard groundhogs 243 vs 260

Thanks for all the input guys, it's very much appreciated. I ordered my Savage Model 12 Long Range Precision in .243 win yesterday, and it's going to be hard to sleep between now and Friday when it comes in!!!! Ordered some loading dies too, now all I need is for the 18" of snow sitting on the ground here in northern Ohio to melt and let the fun begin haha. Then only thing that is leaving me wondering is searching for bullets for reloading isn't going too well. Searched through 6 pages of websites and nothing was in stock other than deer sized game bullets. nobody had the 75 or 87gr v max bullets I'm looking for. most had the 58 gr, but that was it. nosler varmageddons seem hard to come by too. anyone know a sight that has them in stock at a reasonable price?

Thanks for all the input guys, it's very much appreciated. I ordered my Savage Model 12 Long Range Precision in .243 win yesterday, and it's going to be hard to sleep between now and Friday when it comes in!!!! Ordered some loading dies too, now all I need is for the 18" of snow sitting on the ground here in northern Ohio to melt and let the fun begin haha. Then only thing that is leaving me wondering is searching for bullets for reloading isn't going too well. Searched through 6 pages of websites and nothing was in stock other than deer sized game bullets. nobody had the 75 or 87gr v max bullets I'm looking for. most had the 58 gr, but that was it. nosler varmageddons seem hard to come by too. anyone know a sight that has them in stock at a reasonable price?

You will like the .243 I have a box stock other then some tweaking I did, Remington 700. One problem the guy before me had the barrel cut down two inches! It still will shoot a sub 1/2 group at 100 yards with the 75 grain V-Max and 47.7 (I think) grains of IMR4350. It can do one hollers but we have to much wind and its hard to get a good day to do it.

HI Greg, welcome to the site. Just FYI thirdgenerationshootingsupply has 87 grain v-max bullets in stock. Hope this helps.

.243 Diameter

My wife's rifle is a 1-10 twist 22" barrel and is .5-.75moa out to 600 with 87 grain berger vlds with 43 grains of 4831sc. It shoots well for a factory marlin xs7. I have not had a chance to shoot a woodchuck yet, but hopefully this weekend. Good luck and have fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.