700 remington stocks

swiper

Looking to buy a sporter type stock for 700 Remington 223 rem sporter barrel. looking at H-S Precision PRO Series or Bell and Carlson medalist. Which one and why. thanks SWIPER gun)

I've used several Gray Bull stocks. They're designed more for Sendero or heavier barrels. I'd think it would boil down to personal preference when it comes to the difference between the B&C and the H-S Precision.

I have both the HS Precision and the B&C Medalist for Rem sporter rifles. The HS Precision stock in considerably heavier than the Medalist Ti stock I have. The HS has a full length bedding block where the Medalist only has pillars and a aluminum block behind the lug.

Between the two, the B&C feels much better in my hands as a sporter setup than the HS stock. The forearm on the B&C is more trim. The HS is much fatter in both the forearm and the pistol grip. Both of my stocks are painted with a web color. The webbing on the HS is rougher in texture.

Lastly, I had to grind the stock screws for the HS to fit correctly in order for the bolt not to bind. The B&C bolted right up. Go figure. Check Redhawk rifles for decent prices on each as the had them both at great prices:

https://redhawkrifles.com/

I have bought several B&C medalist stocks and have been very happy with them. I think they are a good value and a decent stock. Is it a Manners...or a McMillan, no. But they are affordable and rifles seem to shoot pretty well in them. I love the A2 version except for the forend. It looks like they when the made the mold the just screwed a piece of lumber to the bottom of the fore end.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.