• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 7-300 norma mag equipment needed?

pmr14

Hey guys, new to the board.

I was wondering what steps/equipment do I need to reduce the 300 norma mag down to 7-300. Who makes dies for this cartridge? Can Wilson make a custom die for seating?

I appreciate any help. Goal is strictly ELR, have a 1/8 tube and action ready.

Thanks,

RG

Hey guys, new to the board.

I was wondering what steps/equipment do I need to reduce the 300 norma mag down to 7-300. Who makes dies for this cartridge? Can Wilson make a custom die for seating?

I appreciate any help. Goal is strictly ELR, have a 1/8 tube and action ready.

Thanks,

RG

Whidden Gunworks and PT&G would be the first two I'd contact.

Whidden Gunworks – Technology Applied To The Art Of Shooting

Chamber Reamers, Headspace Gauges, and Firearm Accessories Since 1957 - Pacific Tool and Gauge

The biggest issue I can think of is finding a gunsmith that already has a chamber reamer. You'd want to use it I think to then get the dies made.

Wildrose,

Thanks.

Are you aware of a gunsmith who has a reamer for the 7-300?

RG

Thanks Lee will give them a call.

Have you done any work with them? Opinions?

Thanks,

RG

I have not done any work with them. I found their site while looking for info on big 30s and 338s; looking for ideas on rebarreling a 1917 Enfield that has been opened up to 378 Wby.

That 7mm/300 Norma does look nice.

That sounds like a nice project.

I shot my 7rem mag down in Texas a few weeks ago. Just wanted something with a little more power. The remmi gave me a lot of distance with 180 Bergers. I want to see what I can do with more speed possibly 195s.

RG