6x47 REM MAG. Sharing Data

struff55

Just wondering if there is anyone out there that uses this cartridge I have a Cooper rifle Looking for data with 55gr. bullets and 70 gr. bullets .I have some basic starting points but would be interested to hear from someone who may have done some extensive work with this cartridge . Thanks Don

Don,

Have you been able to find any good data for the Cooper 6x47? I'm thinking of ordering a Cooper Jackson Varminter in 6x47 and I'm going to try to get a 1/10 twist vice the standard 1/14 so that I can shoot the 85gr bullets in addition to the 68-70gr bullets. Would love to hear about your experiences with the Cooper. Thanks.

Alan

I am very pleased with the rifle if i had it to do again i would order the varmiter as well, the classic is nice but the varmiter would be well suited to the little action, as far as loads I am loading 26 grs 3031 70gr. nosler Bt 3100ish fps devastating on yotes out to 350yds have taken a couple further .I will use imr 4198 with 55grs Nosler Bt same fps 3100 gophers and crows . Accuracy for the rifle is outstanding virtually one hole .My concerns with the 1/10'' twist with the heavier bullets would be the loss in fps. the 55grs to 70 grs. has very soft recoil the BC of the 70gr bullets works well at longer yardage . I do not think you would be disappointed in any configuration you choose . I have sold my 223 and my 243 .if I ever come across a SAKO Vixen I will have one built on that action would be sweet. Thanks Don

Thanks Don. I'm currently stationed overseas so I'm planning/dreaming for when I get back to the States - so I'm year + out. Thinking of trying to locate a "special" stock blank to send to Cooper and have them use it. This will be the third Cooper I've purchased - one standard Varminter, a Classic, and this one would be the Jackson Varminter which seems to be a good balance between the two. I would like to have the option to use the rifle as a short range eastern whitetail tool with an 85gr Nosler Partition if the bullet shoots acturately. Like you have confirmed I was betting the BT would be a real number for called coyotes. And I would enjoy shooting it from the bench as well. Thanks again and I'll look forward to sharing info when I have one up and running. Take care. Alan

I also want to try it on deer this year either a whitetail or mule deer likely a mule deer they tend to stand around and look at you at close range .

I want to try the 55gr Nosler B.t. in my rifle should be very accurate and devastating on crows and gophers

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.