6mmbr?

sniperboy

Hi to all

I m wanting to purchase a savage lrpv in 6mmbr and the only rate of twist the importer has in a 1:12, in the repeater action. I m wanting to use it for distances up to 800 yards, is this rate of twist capable with the lighter projectiles or should i wait for the 1:8 twist in the single shot action?

Thank you
sniperboy

I would look at the Savage F-Class rifle. It is chambered in 6BR with a 30" 1-8 twist barrel. It's a single shot and the barrel is 1" at the muzzle. The only thing that needs to be done to it, is to have a front stud installed so you can use a bi-pod while out in the field. My firend has a Savage F-Class in 6BR and it groups in the .3's with ease.

I think you would regret not having the 8" twist for 600 yard work.

I have a 6mmbr in a 12 twist and shoot 80gr bergers. Shot a 1.399 group at 600yd this weekend. If you want to the 105's you will need the 8 twist. Dan

I would go with the 1-8 it's a small cartridge and 800 gets to be a loooong way under less than ideal conditions. With the 8 twist you don't have to stop at 800

I shoot an 8

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts