• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 6mm Creedmoor Redding sizer and Forster bullet seater

archangel485

6mm Creedmoor dies, the sizer is a FL bushing sizing die, includes a .271 and .272 bushing (271 is in the die) as well as the smaller decapping pin .057" diameter for small flash holes like Lapua brass. The bullet seating die is a Forster bench rest seating die. I modified the Redding box so the forster die would fit and the lid fully close. They're used but good working condition, I'm just playing with something new and I sold all my other 6 creed stuff. About $200 worth of stuff new, asking $150 shipped to the USA. PP F&F or add money for the fee. Any other pictures you want to see just let me know.

20200816_203512.jpg
20200816_203524.jpg

You sold all your other 6 Creed stuff? Why? What can be better than the 6 Creed? Out to at least 1000yds., I love it!:cool:

haha, well it was awesome I agree with that. I actually shot mine in a couple ELR matches, out to 2100, it's fine out to a mile, past that is some luck involved for sure. Maybe I just have a short attention span, but I wanted to try something that would shoot the blackjack bullets, so that's why. I loved my 6 creed so much I shot 100 thousandths of the throat out (800ish rounds) and finally got it to shoot decent again but that's the cruddy part of a 6mm, throat burner.

You are correct on all your points about the 6 Creed. I have 3 bolt and one AR in it, and a Ruger #1 being rechambered in it! My handloads run the 108s about 3050 fps, 1/2 MOA out to 1000 and are the easiest rounds I ever loaded.
I am curious, again, about the bullet you mentioned: blackjack? What cal., wt, Vel., and round?

Yeah, it's a 25 cal bullet. Miles Johnson and Logan Schaumberg (spelling?) came up with this idea that there ought to be a high BC 25 cal bullet available, so they designed one and have it manufactured to their spec's. Do a search for blackjack bullets and you'll see it, but basically it's a .257 bullet, 131 grains, .33 G7. I'm going to be loading it in a 25 Creedmoor, should be able to get 2950fps as most others have found that to be a good node for it. Can go faster but with 25 creed 2950 seems to be the "node".

WOW ! That will geterdun! That wt. at 2950 will carry a long, long ways. Buck the wind and flat out to ....as far as you want!
I think, but don't know, Hornady have followed a pioneer in cartridge improvement. I speak of Mr. P.O. Ackley. They made all the Creedmoor cases similar to Mr. Ackley's "improved" design; straight walls, 30* shoulder (his are 40*), with capacity for full loads of powder. He hated "over bore capacity" rounds! The 6.5, the 6 and the 22 Creeds, and now what could be the best one, the 25 Creed. are the best developments in years. Hornady is also redefining accuracy in factory ammo,too. Yeah, You are going in the right direction! Won't be long til the 25 Creed is available in factory ammo, if not already.

For the 25 creed to be available in factory ammo Hornady would have to buy into it, or some ammo maker, and considering Hornady doesn't make a high BC 25 cal bullet yet I don't think they're ready for ammo. It remains to be seen. They did fully buy into the 6 creed "wildcat" though, so who knows. At some point these companies might say enough is enough, we're not going to make factory ammo for every wildcat cartridge you shooters invent every other week, haha. But one thing that is promising is both Alpha and Peterson have head stamped brass for 25 creed. I doubt Lapua will do it, but maybe, they eventually gave in and did 6.5 creed and even jumped right in on 6 creed so who knows. Anyways, regardless of the 25 creed's destiny, I'm going to have fun with it. :)

I believe you. They don't at present have a target 25 bullet, but if they see it's potential, the 25 creed, they will do it, both bullet as an ELDM and ammo. Fingers crossed for ya!

I believe you. They don't at present have a target 25 bullet, but if they see it's potential, the 25 creed, they will do it, both bullet as an ELDM and ammo. Fingers crossed for ya!

Lapua is considering 25 Creed for 2021 - who knows if it will make the production list.

Berger is releasing a high performance bullet soon.

Hornady is "headed in that direction".

If the performance advantage wasn't there compared to 6 and 6.5 I wouldn't bet on anything but since 25 can outperform both, the 6 in a long range hunting and wind deflection role for long range, and the 6.5 in wind, energy, drop and hit %, it is basically a matter of time before we see development.

2021 should be the year the door gets opened up a lot more.