6mm Creedmoor 80 grain Barnes TSX

I run the 88 grain hammer hunters in mine and they are exactly what I'm looking for and more tons of fragmentation and damage ever where.
I have been looking at the Hammer, Cutting Edge and Badlands Bulldozer. The Bulldozer dosent shed petals below 3000 fps........ Makes me more interested in the Hammer and CEB

Here are some more results from yesterday at the range.
109 BERGER LRHT
H4350
Rem 6-1/2
Alpha SRP (New)
CBTO 2.178"
40.0gr - 2881FPS
41-8gr - 3077FPS pressure signs very evident.
Was happy with Rem primer. Will be repeating test with CCI BR4.

75gr VMAX
IMR4064
Peterson LRP (new)
CCI BR2
CBTO 2.210"
40.9gr. 3596 pressure signs
41.1gr. 3589 + pressure signs
41.3gr error on LabRadar.. no pill on paper. Abandoned test as pressure signs an likely bullet fragmentation in flight. ( have seen this with 95gr VMAX out of my 26 Nosler)
Likely will perform load with N-160 or 7828SC for high case density without velocity about 3500 FPS

80gr TTSX
Peterson once fired. CCI BR2
VV N-160
43.0gr- 3173FPS Avg
EXS 6FPS. SD 3.3 .385 " MOA
Acceptable for MR-LR hunting of WTD and coyotes
Will test with IMR 4064 for increased velocity.

87gr Hornady SP
Peterson once fired
CCI BR2
Varget
41.6gr- 3357 FPS AVG
EXS 9FPS. SD 4.7
.967" MOA
Acceptable for SR-MR hunting. WTD and coyotes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
I have been looking at the Hammer, Cutting Edge and Badlands Bulldozer. The Bulldozer dosent shed petals below 3000 fps........ Makes me more interested in the Hammer and CEB
I've looked at these as well. But it's very hard for me to switch from Hammers. The badlands bulldozer 2 100 gr BC is hard to ignore. If it's accurate, it's higher than a 115 Berger. But like you said I wish they shed nose petals.

Great information! I used to shoot the 85 grain TSX from the .243Win and the .240Wby with great results and wondered how the 80 grainer would compare. I killed my biggest MN buck with the 85 out of a Weatherby Ultra Lightweight in .240. I made a poor decision on placement, he was quartering hard away at 185 yards and my brain saw crosshairs in the crease and my finger squeezed. Bullet entered top of the heart high right in the crease and angled to the top of the humorous on the off side and destroyed it. He was a 300 pound 10 pointer and he 3 legged it 15 yards before I sent the second one. He had turned to nearly broadside and the 2nd one went through the top of the heart after a rib and left a tennis ball sized exit and there he fell right there in the bean stubble. I was very impressed with that bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.