6br

longrangeshooter1

Was thinking about getting a 6mm br for shooting groundhogs and coyotes out to about 600 yards was wondering how it does on them out that far or if I should just use the 6.5-284.

Good choice, it will work just fine on them at that range. We've shot rockchucks at 800+ with the BR, and 1000 is on the list of things to do this spring.

I have taken yotes , gophers and prairie dogs with mine past 600. I love the 6br with 107 SMK's. I never loose the site picture and see every hit.

Jeff

Was thinking about getting a 6mm br for shooting groundhogs and coyotes out to about 600 yards was wondering how it does on them out that far or if I should just use the 6.5-284.

+1 on the 6br with 107smk it took the place of my 6.5-284 and I never looked back. I dont have yotes here but it's taken many fox out to 670, G-hogs over 700, and deer within reason.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts