????

7mm mag sendero

Hello gents,I just got an rem 700 sendero sfII 300 win mag and i was wondering what kind of groups i should get out of the box and useing the180gr blackhills gold round at 100yds.nothing has been done to the rifle YET,It has leupold 4.5x14x50 mark 4 with m1 dials and a 9 to 13" bipod.thank you and happy shooting :)

Well, that's a good rifle for sure and pretty good ammo, so I've heard. I don't have any experience with either rifle or ammo. I have owned several Sendero's and one actually was in .300WinMag.
Out of the box would be purely speculative as no two factory rifles perform the same. You may get a "hummer" or you might get a turd. Hopefully you will get the better of those two!
You may have to lighten the trigger, don't forget to check the bedding and ensure the action screws are torqued properly (65in/lbs) and do a decent break-in of that new barrel and you shoudl be printing tiny groups in a "few". Sorry so vague but really, who knows? :) JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.