6.5x7PRC

FlatCreekPrecision

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
Hey guys we're goin to build some of these to test, using 156 Berger's we have reamers and Whiddon is building my dies now! Interested to see the results, I'm hoping for great velocity and maybe optimal barrel life 800-1000 rounds, I know the 6.5/300 is out but it's substantially more powder than this case, with all the 6.5 barrels and 156s in the shop it'll be an interesting project. What's your thoughts on it?

I've actually been thinking about doing one in the future. I think a better naming system for the wildcats based off the 7PRC should be created haha. Too much confusion with the 3 different PRC cases in my opinion. It should run with a .264 Win Mag but in a more efficient case design and better brass in the future, I'm assuming. I could see it gaining 100FPS over a 6.5 PRC or 6.5 SAUM. I think it's the perfect case for a 6.5 based magnum. Should be very close to a 6.5x300 WSM, but again most likely there will be better brass and more of it available.

I think you're likely into the area of diminishing returns as capacity starts to exceed 6.5 PRC/SAUM area. If you have a specific goal in mind and this will accomplish it, it will be a fun project.

I've actually been thinking about doing one in the future. I think a better naming system for the wildcats based off the 7PRC should be created haha. Too much confusion with the 3 different PRC cases in my opinion. It should run with a .264 Win Mag but in a more efficient case design and better brass in the future, I'm assuming. I could see it gaining 100FPS over a 6.5 PRC or 6.5 SAUM. I think it's the perfect case for a 6.5 based magnum. Should be very close to a 6.5x300 WSM, but again most likely there will be better brass and more of it available.
Call it the 264 PRC or 264 PRC Mag. It's gotta happen now I'm already invested

I think you're likely into the area of diminishing returns as capacity starts to exceed 6.5 PRC/SAUM area. If you have a specific goal in mind and this will accomplish it, it will be a fun project.
I believe it'll get the 156 at the speed I'm looking for, and I'll get one built with suppressor so it'll keep my ballistics where I want to be in a 20" barrel hopefully we'll see!

At least 3200 depending on where we see pressure in a 26"
Should be easily achievable. I built a 264 Win Mag AI and in a 28" Proof barrel and with N570 and Ramshot LRT I can get 3350-3400fps with 156 EOLs seated at 3.550" COAL.

BUT interior ballistics are a funny thing. What works in one case may not work in another.

Should be easily achievable. I built a 264 Win Mag AI and in a 28" Proof barrel and with N570 and Ramshot LRT I can get 3350-3400fps with 156 EOLs seated at 3.550" COAL.

BUT interior ballistics are a funny thing. What works in one case may not work in another.
Yes I agree, there funny in different ways, I'm hoping my expectations are low and achievable, but I'm only satisfied with 1/4 min accuracy or better we'll see, it'll be strictly a hunting rifle

Yes I agree, there funny in different ways, I'm hoping my expectations are low and achievable, but I'm only satisfied with 1/4 min accuracy or better we'll see, it'll be strictly a hunting rifle
This one turned out to be a hammer. When fireforming brass at 3200fps I was getting groups in the .1s @ 100.

032B2B46-1909-40A3-BD34-4447A7C4A9FD.jpeg