6.5x47 Starting Load

338Rocket

Need a decent starting load for 6.5x47

Berger 140 VLD
CCI 450
2.750-2.800 OAL
RL-17

All the reading I have done puts max load at 41-43.

A lot of people say to start at 40. Seems high to start. Is 36 unreasonably low to start?

If you assume a max load of 41 and you start 10% below max that would be 36.9. Max load of 41 - 43 seems like a large spread.

I have a 6.5 x 47 as well. I have not tried RL 17 but would be interested in the results.

If you would like, PM me and we can swap contact information. I can run this combination in QuickLoad for you as well, if that would help.

If you assume a max load of 41 and you start 10% below max that would be 36.9. Max load of 41 - 43 seems like a large spread.

I have a 6.5 x 47 as well. I have not tried RL 17 but would be interested in the results.

If you would like, PM me and we can swap contact information. I can run this combination in QuickLoad for you as well, if that would help.

I shot 5 rounds today to start the break in process. 36 grains, ended up being shorter than I expected, 3.7" OAL

They shot fine with no pressure signs, primers look great, 36 seems reasonable for a starting load at this length.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.