6.5x284 WIN issue

Jkslvr

OK I have to just ask.
I had a rifle built and my smith chambered it in 6.5x284 WIN not NORMA.

Can I run NORMA ammo in it seems fine with 120gr stuff. Wont chamber 140GR which seems to be the issue as WIN is less in the throat?

What is the actual difference. DANGERS? Can I get the throat on the WIN opened up?

Like you I am currently working on the same thought...but my dilemma is with a PTG 65-284 reamer leaving me short...i cant find any info on any load that suggest you can load saami of 3.228"oal...
And I cant come close to that measurement with 7 different bullets...
From what i have read the win reamer will allow all brass to work other than lapua...lapua is wider in the base...won't seat...but it seems to me that another said the lapua neck is longer also...but book says brass length is 2.170"...my lapua brass measures mostly at 2.160"...which if the brass was 2.170 my bullets would have to be pushed another .010 into the brass to use....I don't like that scenario..
So throating may be both our answers...
But some say not to use a throat reamer...but get a reamer to exactly what you want to have in the throat...
Damned professional reamer builders...........

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.