6.5cm brass (Small rifle Vs. Large)

Peterson also offers select brass which is all within 1 grain. It is alittle more upfront. However if your at that level it's one less thing to do. I had es of 6fps in a 10 shot string using peterson brass. Norma I could get 9es in 10 shots but no better using the same lot of primers powder and sorted by weight/ogive bullets.

thanks for clarifying

What I'm saying is a few manufactures say that you cannot determine the consistency of volume by measuring the weight of the brass. I have done repeated test where it proves that that statement is incorrect. What I have found is if it has a small extreme spread and standard of deviation on the weight then it will have a small extreme spread and standard of deviation in the volume.

So, yes. Peterson brass was the most consistent in both measurements.
nks

I'm on about the 15th firing of some Lapua 6.5 Creedmoor small primer brass. No anneal and still tight primers. I trimmed once. I have some 6.5x47 Lapua s.p. brass that has at least 30 firings on it and everything is still good. At some point I just stop counting and wonder how long these things can last.

I'm not sure how a person could determine odd ignition due to cold weather, other than not firing. I'm sold on the small primers in these short action 6.5's.

I'm on about the 15th firing of some Lapua 6.5 Creedmoor small primer brass. No anneal and still tight primers. I trimmed once. I have some 6.5x47 Lapua s.p. brass that has at least 30 firings on it and everything is still good. At some point I just stop counting and wonder how long these things can last.

I'm not sure how a person could determine odd ignition due to cold weather, other than not firing. I'm sold on the small primers in these short action 6.5's.

Larger than normal es not present with large primers.

The small flash hole small rifle primer brass doesn't light H1000 or Rl26 to the same velocity at the same charge weight. It takes .3-.5 more grains to reach the same velocity as large rifle primers. ADG and Starline srp brass has a .080 flash hole and doesn't need the extra powder to reach the same speed as there large rifle primer brass. I have not shot 4350 in the creed to confirm that is also the case but I have been told by people I know that say the same applies.
I personally ran 215m with rl26 in the creed. This is because in other cartridges running slow powders mag primers actually dropped es/sd numbers contrary to what is found running optimum to slightly faster than powders.

22 Creedmoor has done much better with SRP using Starline brass and Rem 7 1/2 BR
primers! If using VV550 be very careful with temperature.
just starting ladder testing with new 6mm Creedmoor and surprisingly the Hornady
brass has done better with ES/SD using both 215 and Rem 9 1/2M primers.
This is with 75 gr VLD and 75gr ELD in .22 and the 105 VLD and 103 ELDs in the 6mm

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts