• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

6.5 WSM

camotruck

Back up for sale is my 6.5 WSM built on a Montana Rifle Company Model 1999. Originally a 25 WSM and re barreled as a 6.5 by Kevin Cram at Montour County Rifle in PA. I have the original BBL I had it listed here before but the thread is old, hoping to find a few pictures to post here. I believe the rifle weighs around 10 lbs. It is currently at Kevin's shop, I thought it would be a good place to sell it. He can do all the paper work or ship it out if need be. Sits in a beautiful laminated wood hand finished thumb hole stock. Right hand. Asking $2500 for the rifle and some ammo and load data. I have a hornady die set for it. I'm keeping my Redding type S for the new build. Gun shoots great, the group pictured is 300 yards, just heavier than I want to carry now that I'm in my fifties. No scope.

Thanks for looking,
Mike

Attachments

• websize6.53.jpg
    websize6.53.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 202
  • websize6.51.jpg
    websize6.51.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 187
  • websize6.52.jpg
    websize6.52.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 189
  • Web resize long range 6.5.jpg
    Web resize long range 6.5.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 190
  • 300 yard group 6.5 WSMwebsized.jpg
    300 yard group 6.5 WSMwebsized.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 204
You mentioned the original barrel. Is that the 25-300 WSM? Is it included with the 6.5-300 rifle?

Twist rates on these barrels?

Yes, It is blued to match the receiver. And I might have the die set for it as well. 8 twist on the 6.5 WSM. I don't recall on the .25 WSM The 6.5 is a Muller barrel. The 25 is a MRC barrel.

Total weight with scope is 11 lbs. 10 oz. Barrel length is 26" and a #4 contour. We built it to shoot 140 SMK. Round count is under 100.

Last edited:
The 10# number was just a number I pulled from my head. I always felt it was heavy. That's the only reason I'm selling it. Kevin is building a new lighter version for me ... pending parts. I emailed Kevin for a "build sheet" and will get back to you asap.

The weight is 10 lbs 11 oz with its current scope. YWMV because I'm keeping the scope for the next build. The group I posted is typical of the gun. It shoots the 140 SMK like this at an almost boring rate. There is no free bore and was throated specifically for the 140 bullet. 3180 FPS and around 100 rounds down the barrel. 76 shots documented for load data. Plus a few more while hunting and to verify zero

Last edited: